Photo

Let's Talk IPs!

1st Party New Character

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

Poll: IPs People Want (281 member(s) have cast votes)

If Nintendo were to roll out a totally new 1st or 2nd party IP, what kind of game would most interest you?

1. A Platformer (classic Mario style) (23 votes [8.19%])

Percentage of vote: 8.19%

2. An Adventure Game (like Zelda or Metroid) (105 votes [37.37%])

Percentage of vote: 37.37%

3. A Simulator/Shooter (like Starfox) (12 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

4. A Strategy Game (like Pikmin) (8 votes [2.85%])

Percentage of vote: 2.85%

5. An RPG (like Golden Sun) (64 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

6. An FPS/Shooter (like GoldenEye or, arguably, Metroid Prime) (39 votes [13.88%])

Percentage of vote: 13.88%

7. Other (like all the great genre defying games I don't have the presence of mind to mention) (30 votes [10.68%])

Percentage of vote: 10.68%

What kind of tone are you wanting from a new IP?

1. Super Casual/Party Game (Mii Games) (6 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

2. Fun/Lighthearted (Mario Galaxy) (37 votes [13.17%])

Percentage of vote: 13.17%

3. Dramatic/Slightly Intense (Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime) (128 votes [45.55%])

Percentage of vote: 45.55%

4. Serious, Intense/Dark (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)) (53 votes [18.86%])

Percentage of vote: 18.86%

5. Dark/Scary, Intense and Violent (Resident Evil, Dead Space, Etc.) (34 votes [12.10%])

Percentage of vote: 12.10%

6. Other (hey, I don't want to put you in a box) (23 votes [8.19%])

Percentage of vote: 8.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

I think it would be kinda hard to make a story to an all-star RPG without it sounding really silly.

Not that hard though. Just take a look at Fusionfall. They managed to mix most of Cartoon Networks shows into a single universe, so why can't nintendo do the same

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#62 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

I want an awesome nintendo themed RPG. A proper RPG, like final fantasy and golden sun etc, but with nintendo characters!! Like smash bros just an RPG and not 2D :D

A Smash Bros. RPG would be awesome.
Posted Image

#63 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

Something else I want is a new F-Zero.
No signature here....

#64 themoth2112

themoth2112

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Music

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

A sweet way to know that an IP has gotten to legendary status is if it has been on Super Smash Bros as a character:3
Stupid people do stupid things
Smart people outsmart each other.

#65 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

Not that hard though. Just take a look at Fusionfall. They managed to mix most of Cartoon Networks shows into a single universe, so why can't nintendo do the same

Yeah, but they could actually fit relatively easy into the same universe. It's not easy to combine medieval Zelda with futuristic Metroid.

Donkey Kong Four?

A sequel to the gameboy Donkey Kong and with bigger levels. Donkey Kong Jr. returns.

Edited by Dementis, 22 July 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#66 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

How about an actual Mario vs. Sonic game (An actual game, none of this Olympic Games crap.)
Posted Image

#67 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

A Smash Bros. RPG would be awesome.

That would definitely be interesting.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#68 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

There definitely needs to be another RPG game, one that could use your mii, at the beginning you could either be a Magician (obviously rank up to something like a wizard), and a soldier (rank up to a knight, etc.)
I know some game started the begin as a knight or wizard thing but I can't remember which :(
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#69 Anomandaris

Anomandaris

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

What happened to fire emblem, its a good rpg, nintendo should really put it on wii u.

concerning NEW IPs, nintendo should make a generic fps .....jk I would want an adventure game.
Posted Image

#70 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

What happened to fire emblem, its a good rpg, nintendo should really put it on wii u.

concerning NEW IPs, nintendo should make a generic fps .....jk I would want an adventure game.

Why not an FPS, they are the most popular games out right now
Posted Image

#71 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

An RPG from Nintendo would make me Jizz my pants, just imagine what kind of things they can come up with.
Posted Image

#72 Anomandaris

Anomandaris

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

Why not an FPS, they are the most popular games out right now

sure an fps, just not a generic fps. If nintendo makes a fps it would be different and cool.
Posted Image

#73 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

sure an fps, just not a generic fps. If nintendo makes a fps it would be different and cool.

WTF? Nintendo already has a FPS, Metorid.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#74 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

I remember watching gameplay of metroid other m, it was in 3rd person
Posted Image

#75 Anomandaris

Anomandaris

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

I remember watching gameplay of metroid other m, it was in 3rd person

okay metroid other m is in third person, metroid prime 1,2 and three is first person.

Metroid prime is only three of many Metroid games, and the only three in first person.(metroid m can be sometimes played in first person.

They aren't fps's though, they are first person action-adventure
Posted Image

#76 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

I want to see something new, something we haven't thought of before.
But I also want an IP that is able to expand out like Mario can, not necessarily making a golf or soccer game out of it, just something that can really become huge.
Also in a totally new style, whatever that may be.

#77 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

It wouldn't hurt Nintendo if they had an online FPS.

Now, how to make it so that FPS nuts will like without it becoming a gore fest. That is the challenge.

In which case, Metroid makes for a perfect candidate.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 18 August 2011 - 07:07 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#78 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

I want to see something new, something we haven't thought of before.
But I also want an IP that is able to expand out like Mario can, not necessarily making a golf or soccer game out of it, just something that can really become huge.
Also in a totally new style, whatever that may be.

I have your answer... Brace yourself.... Pokemon!!! Ok let out whatever surprised emotions you may have... and continue reading. We need a Pokemon with a dark twist, Coleseum and XD do not count!! Pokemon has a plethora of characters, places, and events to create an epic story. We need a new character that has his own set personality. Remember the Aura Guardians from the show? I guess that means I just admitted I actually watched it a few times, but stick with me. (for those of you who may not know, Aura is like telekinesis and telepathy portrayed as a kind of blue energy) Well Suppose you have a game where an Aura Guardian in training/fully trained take your pick and his partner pokemon (Lucario seems like a logical choice as the Aura Pokemon and has been seen talking in a movie before so he could be given a personality of his own and could be used to communicate better with Pokemon) set off on an adventure (lame word I know). As far as gameplay is concerned, Picture Assassin's Creed with the ability to switch between characters to work as a team, Being able to access only certain areas as a pokemon or human respectfully, and some great stealth combinations. Remember, since both Guardian and Pokemon can use Aura, they could in theory talk to each other this way the whole game. Which from an outsider's perspective could give it an eerie aspect. The story could range from anything from the history and origins of the Pokemon universe ( muchly needed) to a parallel, behind the scene's sort of story that intertwines with Ash Ketchum's.

there are so many possibilities here. I apologize if that wasn't too clear an explanation. I am up way to late right now so I will try to do a better job when my mind is not half- asleep.

#79 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

I have your answer... Brace yourself.... Pokemon!!! Ok let out whatever surprised emotions you may have... and continue reading. We need a Pokemon with a dark twist, Coleseum and XD do not count!! Pokemon has a plethora of characters, places, and events to create an epic story. We need a new character that has his own set personality. Remember the Aura Guardians from the show? I guess that means I just admitted I actually watched it a few times, but stick with me. (for those of you who may not know, Aura is like telekinesis and telepathy portrayed as a kind of blue energy) Well Suppose you have a game where an Aura Guardian in training/fully trained take your pick and his partner pokemon (Lucario seems like a logical choice as the Aura Pokemon and has been seen talking in a movie before so he could be given a personality of his own and could be used to communicate better with Pokemon) set off on an adventure (lame word I know). As far as gameplay is concerned, Picture Assassin's Creed with the ability to switch between characters to work as a team, Being able to access only certain areas as a pokemon or human respectfully, and some great stealth combinations. Remember, since both Guardian and Pokemon can use Aura, they could in theory talk to each other this way the whole game. Which from an outsider's perspective could give it an eerie aspect. The story could range from anything from the history and origins of the Pokemon universe ( muchly needed) to a parallel, behind the scene's sort of story that intertwines with Ash Ketchum's.

there are so many possibilities here. I apologize if that wasn't too clear an explanation. I am up way to late right now so I will try to do a better job when my mind is not half- asleep.

I almost cried when I saw this, NO!
I want to see something new, not something old...
Also I don't really see Pokemon expanding that much beyond general Pokemon games be they adventure or combat based.

#80 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

I'm agreed about the NEW part of the new IP being essential. I like the Nintendo franchises - I really, really do - but I want to see something new; something that takes the Nintendo spark of ingenuity and completely refreshes a genre with a new world, a new set of characters, and a new vibe. They did it with Star Fox in the SNES days, and they did it with Pikmin in the GC days. In my (humble in the sense that no one really cares about it) opinion, it's time for a NEW franchise.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1st Party New, Character

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!