#61 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Yep that's totally true.

But here is one example.

New Super Mario Bros 2. A game that doesn't involve anything super duper hardware intense. But still has a terrible AA for example. Why is that?

Why do a metric butt ton of ps3/360 games feature no AA? Are the 360 and ps3 super weaksauce now?

The 3ds is more than capable of providing aa on demanding games Reveleations has AA, and its a first generation game.

Nintendo probably correctly thinks the 20 million people who are going to buy the game dont care in the slightest.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#62 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Nintendo really has put them selves in A bad position. Sony and Microsoft are making the screens optional so they can focus on power while still competing with nintendo and preventing them from stealing the audience, while nintendo is making the traditional controls optional so they can focus on gimmicks. Some people still think it's an add-on and not A full console. Nintendo's sealed for this next gen as A repeat if they don't make A Ps2 scenario. I know that i won't be getting it :P was going too but with all these rumours and risks i'd rather buy A different console and garauntee satisfaction with my purchases instead of taking pointless risks.

yeah, right. Don't be surprised if the nextbox come with the kinect built in and with a freakin AR glasses, have you been hearing rumors about that? of course you don't.
urhhh.. potatoes?

#63 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

The definition of a gimmick. a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use.
Please explain to me how the wii remote or the wii u gamepad is a gimmick. You know what is?? Kinect, move, cross play, smart glass. Nintendo is trying to evolve the traditional gaming experience. Also please explain how the wiiu's fate is sealed before it launches. People aren't willing to drop a lot of money on consoles. It's the main reason why vita is failing. Ok you obviously have no budget and can wait over a year to buy a sustem that wont have the features wii u does or the games(that will probably look just as good). If you have been keeping up with rumors you would know that Wii u is rumored to be upto 4x current. While nextbox is pretty much confirmed 4-6x. That puts on par with wii u. Please stay with your fanboyism as i can plainly tell you are, as you won't give a console a chance before or even after it comes out without actual proof to back you up. Also please say good buy to Sony gaming after this gen because they are pretty much going to drop it. No mention of ps brand in their financial report and losing billions of dollars. They are restructuring their company around stuff that makes them money, definitely not play station anymore.

My fanboyism -_- All I want is to sit down & enjoy A game. I dont care if it's on A brick. Don't care about companies or if they all die. If I can sit down on the weekend pick up A game & enjoy it then that's it. I'm not rich, i'm 16 & i'm getting 1 console next gen, I'm not giving anything A "chance" until I know which console won't ruin next gen for me. If I decide it's next box then i'll be getting that. If it's Wii U then i'll be getting that. If they all fail & we get A new console then so be it. It all comes right back to the same thing. Do you enjoy it?

1367065580450s.jpg

#64 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

I really don't think that Nintendo has problems around this part of its system. Every WiiU unit that is sold has has the touchpad with it. Every dev knows that while designing the game they take this as a standard point. All the other systems are fragmented, so that a dev really can't deliver for all their console users. In this way Xbox and Ps4 will be more fragmented while Nintendo keeps its users touchpad installbase very clear. Sorry for my bad english.

Ps: i think graphics will be the wiiu downfall. The first 2 years will be fine as Nintendo WiiU will triumph over all existing consoles, after 1 year the new xbox and ps will follow and the year after that graphics will truly exceed the WiiU's capabilities. Downconverting the Cods, fifa's and etc will be the way to go, comparable to the wii-xbox360 state right now :(

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#65 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

I really don't think that Nintendo has problems around this part of its system. Every WiiU unit that is sold has has the touchpad with it. Every dev knows that while designing the game they take this as a standard point. All the other systems are fragmented, so that a dev really can't deliver for all their console users. In this way Xbox and Ps4 will be more fragmented while Nintendo keeps its users touchpad installbase very clear. Sorry for my bad english.

Ps: i think graphics will be the wiiu downfall. The first 2 years will be fine as Nintendo WiiU will triumph over all existing consoles, after 1 year the new xbox and ps will follow and the year after that graphics will truly exceed the WiiU's capabilities. Downconverting the Cods, fifa's and etc will be the way to go, comparable to the wii-xbox360 state right now :(

Your English is pretty damn fantastic.

I wouldnt worry about graphics being an issue.

Confirmed dev kit leaks and confirmation from devs... And even a huge leak from Rein of epic that just made sense now that I put it all together suggest that neither durango nor orbis is going to be much more powerful than wii u... If at all.

Rein even stated he figures Samaritan is what he believes next gen will be capable of... And what he designed it for. Though he confirmed any next gen system can run ur4 (they made it scalable enough for mobiles) from his talks with ms and sony, He doesnt see next gen consoles making most of their improvements in that area this time....

When asked what areas tgey would be improving, he got MUCH more talkative, stating things like media centers and dvr capabilities, kinect, etc.

Durango and orbis alpha devkits have been confirmed, the general ballpark of performance more or less set.

We are looking, at most... At a 10x general performance increase.

Thats just a little more than the difference between the ps2 and the gamecube.

Now, those alpha devkits just have placeholders in them. They WILL have better performing custom components when they ship. Heck the 360 used a g5 powermac up to months before the 360 shipped. We could see a 50% increase in performance (cube) or even more....

But thats really pretty insignificant when you look at last gens jump of 40x general performance.

The simple fact of the matter is, a performance jump of that magnitude just isnt feasible for a console with a form.factor people want in their living rooms right now... And a year or two wont make a difference.

720 is looking at a devkit with 12gb of ram. Thats around 8 for a commercial product.

They are putting windows 8 on the box.

6GB of ram.

They want dvr and other media functionality functionality while you play your game.

5 maybe 4 GB of ram for games.

We are looking at a scenario like the cube/ps2/xbox gen. The systems are all close enough to multiplat off the weakest system as lead sku... With only big budget exclusives showing off unique capabilities in hardware power.

Some people... Are going to be very upset by this.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#66 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

Hahaha, thanks for your insights. I always believed that the next xbox would be a real powerhouse since Epic adviced against a little upgrade. Last time MS listened to them and that made Gears possible. That why I believed MS would listen this time around again.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#67 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hahaha, thanks for your insights. I always believed that the next xbox would be a real powerhouse since Epic adviced against a little upgrade. Last time MS listened to them and that made Gears possible. That why I believed MS would listen this time around again.

Yeah. You know, when I first read his ur4 interview, I always felt like cliff sounded... Bitter or something after mentioning his talks with ms and sony. I thought maybe I was reading into it too much. But these devkits... They explain it. Hes not happy.

Oh well. Thats what happens when consoles try and play with the pc boys.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Ouya?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!