• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

This is quoted from GoNintendo:

- will support in-game voice chat
- will only work for "select games"
- games supported are Assassin's Creed III, Call of Duty Black Ops II and Mass Effect 3
- cannot use GamePad microphone
- have to use a headset
- Wii U Pro Controller doesn't have headphone jack
- If you want voice chat while using Pro Controller, you have to plug into the GamePad
- no one offering wireless headsets yet, but they can be done
http://gonintendo.co...story&id=188203

For those who like to chat online, is this an issue for you? To me, it's not since I don't chat with anyone anyway.

Link to the article:

http://kotaku.com/59...-theres-a-catch

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#2 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

wireless will come or they will allow to use the mic on the pad but anyways that info is not 100% confirmed right now, it was told by a CoD PR guy
Posted Image

#3 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

already posted this but still glad you posted too at least were getting the info out to people.

Edited by angelo07stang, 18 October 2012 - 10:19 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

God, Nintendo, why?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Why would you ever want to talk to someone online, while playing a single player game anyways?

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I have a headset with a pretty long cord, so i don't mind pluging it into the Gamepad while on the Pro Controller :D
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

I kinda find it funny how much could have been taken from XBOX Live's voice chat system but it was ignored. Shame Nintendo. Hopefully they will add a "party" functionality later down the line. It really makes the experience all that better.

2lvmghw.png

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

^For just chatting with your friends, even when you play seperate games.

I expected better from Nintendo, but it's still better than Wii/3DS. Tho serioiusly, why are we not able to use the goddamn microphone in the controller? I mean, what else is that thing good for then?! I'm not pissed off easily about decisions Nintendo makes, but come on guys. How awesome (and self-explaining) would it be to just plug in some earphones and chat without buying some expensive ass headset.

Edited by Keviin, 18 October 2012 - 11:17 AM.

No sig.

#9 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

I expected better from Nintendo, but it's still better than Wii/3DS. Tho serioiusly, why are we not able to use the goddamn microphone in the controller? I mean, what else is that thing good for then?! I'm not pissed off easily about decisions Nintendo makes, but come on guys. How awesome (and self-explaining) would it be to just plug in some earphones and chat without buying some expensive ass headset.

Agree 100 percent.
Posted Image

#10 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Voice chat is Necessary for Monster Hunter Ultimate.

#11 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

if they dont update the mic on the u-pad to work with the in games voice chat then i will never chat because im not going to buy any headset lol
Posted Image

#12 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Well we have seen the mic does work for cross system chat, so it wouldn't be hard to make it work in game.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

Are you friggen serious? If this were true, what the hell do you call this!? It's pathetic!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

I have a headset with a pretty long cord, so i don't mind pluging it into the Gamepad while on the Pro Controller :D

Yes, but is it compatible?
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

I don't chat online very much anyway, it hasn't change my opinion on this awsome system the slightest bit at all, I'm just worried about how this might affect sales, but Nintendeo does have the option to update down the line, they may have left it out for now, just to concerntrate on getting the system out, you never know.

#16 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

Was there any solid source behind this news? Because I'm aware that some sites pull stuff out of their a**es just to make headlines. But I've heard it was a Nintendo Rep who said this. Didn't a Nintendo rep recently state that the Wii U is 19x more powerful than the PS3..?

Posted Image

#17 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

I think this might be just for online gaming, like with strangers. Think about it, Nintendo never put something unnecessary into there products hence why the 3DS doesn't have two 3D screens
Posted Image

#18 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

I think this might be just for online gaming, like with strangers. Think about it, Nintendo never put something unnecessary into there products hence why the 3DS doesn't have two 3D screens

It's unintuitive, you have a microphone built into the controller and, if this rumour is true, then what would be the point of it? The silly thing about this rumour is that it's a stupid way of doing things but yet it's plausible to believe it's something Nintendo would do.

#19 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

Considering it didn't come from Nintendo I wouldn't worry to much. Personally not using the built in mic for games online is a plus. Have you tried heros of ruin on the 3ds if you don't set it to work like a cb( holding the button to chat) all you hear is clickity click click click.
Also one good thing to note is that there isn't a plug on the pro set up which screams wireless and blue tooth not just big dorky headset. Hopefully Nintendo can clear this up for us so we no what to purchase if forced to use something for games.

#20 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

It's unintuitive, you have a microphone built into the controller and, if this rumour is true, then what would be the point of it? The silly thing about this rumour is that it's a stupid way of doing things but yet it's plausible to believe it's something Nintendo would do.

Just look at any DS game that uses the mic. There's the point of it. The Wii U controller, and all it's aspects, was created as a tool for game play, a tool for developers to create new games. If the Game Pads mic was always used for cross-game chat, than that would be one less tool that the developer to use. If the developer wants the mic to be used for chat in their game, than it's a simple matter of programming it for that purpose. However, if any kind of cross-game chat is add the system at any point down the line, it would be best that it remain head-set only.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo, Wii U, voice chat, pro controller, gamepad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!