Photo

Nintendo has some aces up it's sleeve's for Wii U at E3 2013?

Wii U Nintendo E3 2013 Pokemon Zelda

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but do you all think Nintendo is going to have an amazing E3 next year? The new PS3/360 could both be announced at E3 and that puts Nintendo in a bit of a pickle unless....they have some amazing games to show off.

What games could save Nintendo at next years E3? for me there are a couple of major ones that would automatically win against anything sony and microsoft bring out and they are Pokemon and Zelda.

Here's my idea for the pokemon game that could shine on Wii U and really deal a blow to the other systems:

Pokemon Worlds - Imagine all the pokemon so far in the same game, every region and every gym leader. Start out in Kanto and work your way to the other regions. The main feature the gamepad would be used for is the pokedex, the gamepad can display the pokedex while you play and you can scan on screen pokemon with it and have the gamepads speakers tell you about the pokemon etc.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

I brought this up in my post launch predictions. I really think 2013 and E3 2013 is going to be huge for Nintendo.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

It has to be huge. Not just for the WiiU either. Pull out some cards for the WiiU, and then in the last 10-15 minutes pull out a major 3DS card or 2. I'm expecting to see the 3D Mario on WiiU and the Zelda for 3DS. Anything less than that and I'll be dissapointed.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Oh man... I really shouldn't be getting hyped already... But I am!

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

I think Nintendo are the one company would would hold things back for e3 announcements.

Let's just hope it's not another NintendoLand.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

I expect quite a few awesome game announcements in 2013, not sure all of these will wait for E3.

Zelda, it will be almost 2 years since the release of the last console Zelda so at least an announcement of the new one with a teaser is expected. Massive open world, revisiting Skyward Sword style, but not as excessive, multiple modes of transport for land air and water.

3D Mario, by then 3 years since the last 3D Mario title so also announcement to be expected. Personally would like to see a futuristic Mario, or time travelling to see what the Mushroom kingdom looked like so many hundreds of years ago.

Pokemon, same mmo style as Guild Wars 2, pokemon roaming around.

Starfox, the secret project Retro Studio's has been working on for the past year. Not sure what direction this game will take. On the one hand I'd love another game like the SNES and N64 version, but we all know Retro studios is capable of so much more.

Super Monkey Ball U, not a game I've been particularly fond of, but the Gamepad looks like an obvious fit for the game, possibly breathing new life into the monkey's.

Pilot Wings U, no real reason why this game but I'd just like to see it.

Nintendo Land updates, I think most, if not all, future Nintendo franchise games will come with a new Nintendo Land attraction packed in. These games will also be available for separate purchase as digital downloads for an acceptable price, for those who do not wish to buy the new game but would like to expand their Nintendo Land attractions.

Miyamoto's new IP, we know he's working on one, E3 would be the place to announce something like this. Guessing it will be an fprpg with a much darker feel to it than we are used to from him.

Mario Kart, for me, mario kart will need to add a lot of features for me in order to warrant a purchase. The simple gameplay ive loved for so long doesn't cut it for me any more. Either add more features or combine multiple Mario Sports games into one pack. (I'd prefer option A)

By the time E3 rolls around I also think Wii U will have established itself as a next gen console in everyone's eyes and all major cross platform games will be ported from Wii U to others, not the other way around.

I'm just going to stop typing now...

#7 CLOSED

CLOSED

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

I think we will get a glimpse of Zelda on Wii U and maybe a demo on 3DS for Zelda. Also, a SSB update and a super graphical game. All that, as I think the focus will be on games only.

#8 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

And a smash bros trailer with not a lot of actual game photage

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Super Metroid Prime.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

New Metroid, new IP, new Mario 3D or Kart, MENTION of a new Zelda U/SSB, a casual title and more 3rd party talk.

These things are just 90% likely.
No sig.

#11 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Monster Hunter 3

Game over man!

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Sony's greed will definitly lead to their demise so im not too afraid of them. As for the Nextbox It will probably RROD the first day so im sticking with Nintendo.

Signature_DK.png

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

A main series Pokemon game on Wii U would be amazing :D

#14 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

I definitely think they'll have a good E3. I'm sure they're aware of the criticism they got for a lackluster E3 for '12, so combining that with the fact that next gen announcements are around the corner, they'll be trying to keep the hype and momentum up for their console.
Posted Image

#15 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'd like to see them announce Watch Dogs on wiiU...'nuff said.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#16 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Sony's greed will definitly lead to their demise so im not too afraid of them. As for the Nextbox It will probably RROD the first day so im sticking with Nintendo.

Why do you have to be like that? Do you really want no competition for Nintendo at all so they can just sit back and throw out whatever crap they want? Competition is good, and why would you be afraid of them? you're not Nintendo, you're just a consumer.

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

My hopes for E3 2013

Nintendo partners with Valve to get Steam on Wii U ( along with eShop ports of Team Fortress 2, Portal 1 and 2) ( Really unlikely)

3DS gets a YouTube app and a system update. eShop gets GBA and Turbo Grafx ( remember when they announced Turbo Grafx games for eShop?).

Games: Smash Bros, Zelda, Kirby, Wario Land, Pokemon ( Can't think of much, never know what to expect at E3)

Wii U gets a system update and new apps.

Games: Mario 3D, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Console exclusive Sonic game.

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Why do you have to be like that? Do you really want no competition for Nintendo at all so they can just sit back and throw out whatever crap they want? Competition is good, and why would you be afraid of them? you're not Nintendo, you're just a consumer.

Sorry if I was so blunt. I just read an article about how the PS4 was going to require you to regester games via the PSnetwork and have in-game adds. Plus my 4th Xbox broke so you can kind of understand my frustration now.

Why so pissed?

Edited by Mr.Saturn90, 17 November 2012 - 02:26 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#19 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

It will be big. Last year was not bad for just Nintendo but a bad E3 for everyone. Nintendo dominated 2010 and 2011 so I think they are coming back for 2013. I know I may be the only one but I'd love a Megaman Battle Network game. from Capcom for Wii U. Like the Gamepad is the PET for example. Good stuff right there

Edited by NanamiGamerGrl17, 17 November 2012 - 09:52 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Pretty sure there will be a trailer for Smash Bros 4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Nintendo, E3, 2013, Pokemon, Zelda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!