• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Next time get a warranty and be more cautious with your stuff. You can't really fault anyone but yourself for it breaking. As I recall, any damage done to anything after it's in your hands is at your expense. Everyone should know this by now.

That's not entirely true. I had a button on my 3ds stop working from being in my pocket all the time. It was my fault, but Nintendo classified that as normal use. I thought this made sense as it is marketed as a portable device.
I'm glad they decided to cover this for you, though. I have always boasted in nintendo Canada for their over the top customer service. They've always treated me like I was Mr. miyamoto himself.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#22 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Ouch, this thing is going to cost a bit to repair

#23 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT THE GAMEPAD TO BE? A NOKIA!?

#24 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

It really depends on the actual fall, every fall is different.

Also it's the OP's own fault for telling Nintendo that they dropped it, should of just lied to them & said it wasn't working, if Nintendo said when they received it that it had been dropped, you could then say it must of been damaged in transit on route to them, depends on if there is any external damage though.

#25 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

i dont think it fell 2 inches, because as we saw on the video, even if the controller falls with the screen side, the rubber sticks protect the screen from a direct impact.. I would imagine you sit in it, or kicked it... something to do with a direct impact on the screen. Sounds more accurate.

ps: dont they sell screen protectors, except stickers (if we dont use it?), like a rubber cover..

Edited by Orion, 25 November 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#26 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Don't all Nintendo systems come under a 1 year warranty? I'm almost 100% sure the original 3DS did.

I also got a 6 month extension for registering on Club Nintendo, I guess this isn't the case with the Wii U.

You do get a 1 year warranty from nintendo on the wii u and anyone that has a wii u should register it at club nintendo.
Posted Image

#27 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

My DS lite fell and broke and they just sent me a new one.
No sig.

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Apparantly, The gamepads inertia dampers dont kick in until it falls for at least a foot.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

So you admit to damaging the cradle (accidental or otherwise. It's not nintendos fault) and expect Nintendo to pay for it?

So wrong on so many levels.

Let me ask you this.

Do you think the store you bought it from would take it back?

Answer: no.

Reason: you broke it.

Nintendo isn't anyone's mom.

Nintendo is a business that sold u a product.

U broke it.

Therefore, you pay for repairs.

Like anyone else.

Just be glad it wasn't a retina iPad screen.

#30 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Nintendo isn't anyone's mom.

That made me laugh

:laugh:

#31 Achill3s

Achill3s

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Seems like some people don't read entire threads before posting anymore. I wonder if this is a generational gap. Probably, because it would also explain the horrible reading comprehension evident here. Read: duh it was my fault, I was angry/sad/disappointed, and shocked that it broke so easily.

And to the guy that said it objectively didn't do what I'm saying it did: why would I lie on a forum that has no relevance to the actual repair? Cmon guys. Logic. Its easy.

Anyway, If anyone is interested to know, the rep told me the repair would cost about $95. As I said, apparently I'm the first repair in America. I'm just happy it all worked out.

#32 SNES

SNES

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Well, of course I am responsible. That's not the point. I was just shocked at how easily the thing busted. Never broke a touchscreen in my life.

Anyway, since typing this out, and speaking on the phone to reps for about an hour, they decided to cover the damage because it is a new console and because I wasn't a total ass (i'm assuming). Also noted that this is the very first repair instance of a wiiu yet in North America. I guess that's kinda cool in a weird backwards way!

All's well that ends well right?

<3 Nintendo's customer service.

And about that Youtube video: further evidence that Nintendium should be on the periodic table:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gamepad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!