Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

He talks about it at 11:00. He's supposedly a reliable industry insider, but I just marked this as a rumor just in case.

It would be interesting to see Nintendo buy SEGA, never thought I'd see it happen. Maybe Nintendo can revive some of the beloved SEGA franchises that we miss.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

I seriously stopped breathing for a second lol. I've wanted this ever since Sega announced it was leaving the hardware business. Right now Sammy owns Sega and if Nintendo could acquire them then Sega could come back to the glory days. I will be dreaming of possibilities for a while now.....my goodness....if this happens I will not ever need a reason to own another Sony or Microsoft system lol.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Like he said in the video it could happen or it couldn't since that is the way business is. But if such a deal was to happen, that would be amazing.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

I call bull.
No sig.

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I doubt there is any truth to the rumour.

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I call bull.

I doubt there is any truth to the rumour.

It's a rumor for a reason. If it wasn't for rumors...the gaming industry wouldn't be nearly as fun.

This is a big possibility. Sega is owned by Sammy and with the current restructuring going on its obvious they are loosing money. If Nintendo had the choice of never having another Sega game on any console, or buying them for exclusives..you better believe they would buy them. If the price is right ( and it probably would be since this is long from Sega's glory days) I can see Nintendo buying Sega and trying to retool the internal development teams while they were in their prime. Nintendo gets a ridiculously huge and epic back library of games to work on. For Sega this could be the shot in the arm they need as well. It would really be a win win.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Imagine all of the IPs Nintendo could get from this...

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

This needs to happen. Imagine the possibilities.

#9 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

This needs to happen. Imagine the possibilities.

Gotta Go Fast

Posted Image

LordPickleton.png

#10 hubang

hubang

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Gotta Go Fast

Posted Image

Ha! Awesome!
Nintendo Network ID: hubang

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

It's a rumor for a reason. If it wasn't for rumors...the gaming industry wouldn't be nearly as fun.
This is a big possibility. Sega is owned by Sammy and with the current restructuring going on its obvious they are loosing money. If Nintendo had the choice of never having another Sega game on any console, or buying them for exclusives..you better believe they would buy them. If the price is right ( and it probably would be since this is long from Sega's glory days) I can see Nintendo buying Sega and trying to retool the internal development teams while they were in their prime. Nintendo gets a ridiculously huge and epic back library of games to work on. For Sega this could be the shot in the arm they need as well. It would really be a win win.

Just because its a rumour doesn't mean we can't say its not likely to be true. As for your reasoning behind why it may happen I disagree entirely. You're not privy to what goes on inside Nintendo anymore then anyone else here. Judging by Nintendo as a company, the way they operate and their past history it's highly unlikely they would buy Sega even if it was for sale and I doubt its going to be for sale anytime soon.

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Just because its a rumour doesn't mean we can't say its not likely to be true. As for your reasoning behind why it may happen I disagree entirely. You're not privy to what goes on inside Nintendo anymore then anyone else here. Judging by Nintendo as a company, the way they operate and their past history it's highly unlikely they would buy Sega even if it was for sale and I doubt its going to be for sale anytime soon.

Well then right back at you, your not on the inside either, so you know just as much as I do...it was just my opinion as to why I think it would be in their best interest.
Posted Image

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well then right back at you, your not on the inside either, so you know just as much as I do...it was just my opinion as to why I think it would be in their best interest.

Not really as you post as if you know what's going on inside Nintendo and seem positive they will buy Sega if its for sale. I'm just saying its not likely judging by the kind of company Nintendo has shown to be historically. You've already admitted how much of a fanboy you are of Nintendo and Sega in other threads so your opinion is pretty biased or you like them so much you believe it's inevitable and will happen. Like I said its not likely.

#14 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Maybe if Nintendo buys out SEGA, their future consoles can have Blast Processing.

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Maybe if Nintendo buys out SEGA, their future consoles can have Blast Processing.

LOL - nice one PWN. I actually was thinking about that though...depending on what Nintendo would get if they did buy out Sega..I wonder if they would ever have any influence on future consoles Nintendo puts out. I mean I doubt it, as most the original Sega staff is no longer with them...but it did make me think.
Posted Image

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

@Tricky Yes, of course they will have influence on the hardware just like Retro and othet internal teams.

And I am not sure how likely this is - Nintendo hasn't had a huge history of buying companies (although it surely has happened), but I will talk about this ASSUMING it does indeed happen.

Nintendo needs to make some new IP's, and all of there internal teams are very busy. So making a nee team or even buying a developer at this time makes a lot of sense.

Sega has been on the decline evet since they got out of the hardware business. Sonic use to be fun, but the Sonic Team has been plagued with horrible camera angels for a while now. Nintendo has grown past this, and would be able to help.

Also, Sega has more experiance with HD, and surely can help Nintendo out in that area.

So really, this is a perfect time for this to happen. And it would be a huge blow towards thr others. I hope this happens because Nintendo and Sega are two of the oldest in the indurstry and combining them would be good.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#17 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

not a chance, more likely is that Apple will buy Nintendo.

#18 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

#19 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

I would say that is very unlikely. Apple doesn't have enough money to buy Nintendo. At least Sega being bought by Nintendo is some what possible.

Edited by MorbidGod, 07 December 2012 - 04:19 PM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#20 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

This would be the last thing I would think about in the 90s...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!