Photo

21K systems sold last week - Nintendos Wii U problems turn into a crisis.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#61 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Clueless person is clueless. The idea of having to upgrade ones components every year is a myth, I know people who are pc only gamers who upgrade less frequently then consoles life cycles and to be able to max out more or less all games requires one to upgrade every 3+ years. I know people who upgraded for Crysis in 2007 for example and still use the same rig and still have no need to upgrade.

There is nothing clueless about what I said. If anyone is clueless it's you. Consoles only get upgradeed every 5-7 years typically. In that time you can spend more then the cost of a new console upgrading a PC. If you want to keep turning down the settings that's up to you. To me that's not a great gaming experience. In future you might want to look at how ridiculous what you say is before pointing the finger at someone else. At the end of the day PC gaming is far more expensive then console gaming.

Lol. So if you're PC isn't capable of running games at high settings, there isn't any point. You should just not play at all.

That's not the point I was making. Again if you're happy with a sub par experience then so be it.

#62 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

I know that some people are very excited about Rayman Legends, Lego City Undercover and Pikmin 3. When these games come out, hopefully increased sales will too.
People have got to remember that launch sales don't really mean anything, the Dreamcast sold well at launch and failed, the 360 and PS3 sold not very well at launch and have very much succeeded, heck even the Vita sold considerably well at launch and look where that is now!
It's how a console picks up after launch (I don't mean right after launch), as in, will we see more than 2.5 million sold next Christmas? I think we will, Nintendo (and third parties) obviously have more games than those coming before E3 (which is a pretty great list of titles), after E3, leading into Christmas is where a lot of the big games will be coming out, and I'm predicting pretty big things.
Have you even seen this? I don't know how I'll be able to afford the games I want: http://mynintendonew...g-this-quarter/ And this list doesn't cover Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 2.

The dreamcast failed because, despite the successful launch, it was too late for sega to continue supporting it long enough to stay afloat, because they had already killed themselves with preceding failure after failure, the saturn, the 32x, the sega cd. Your attempt at a comparison is erroneous.

The ps3/360 have gone on now for 3 years longer than any other generation in history now. They are not doing 'very well' they have had 1.5x more time to sell. Despite becoming cheaper to make, and eventually turning a profit when sold, the consoles still have ms and sony millionsbin the red for being sold at a loss. If you gave the gamecube that long at its miserable rate, it would have been a 50+ million sold console, and made nintendo billions more for being sold at a profit.

Your business ineptitude isnt the point here.

1. No fricking duh big names are going to be announced at e3 for next holiday. I DONT WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR A GAME WORTH OWNING MY SYSTEM FOR.

2. As i have stated a million times, and you have ignored EVERY TIME, games like the wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Rayman legends ARE NOT GAMES THAT SELL SYSTEMS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GAMES WORTH OWNING A SYSTEM FOR. Neither is anything on your list.

Which leads us back to:

3. Its NOT the NUMBER OF GAMES THATS THE PROBLEM, ITS THE CALIBUR. All those little niche games are perfect to fill in the time between big releases of high calibur games, THEY DONT TAKE THE PLACE OF HIGH CALIBUR GAMES.

The wii u HAS no, NOR HAS ANNOUNCED any game worth owning the system for. Their is no metroid prime calibur title. And none of your useless prattle has adressed this. We all KNOW they are working on them, but nintendo has refused to release a single screen.

Edited by 3Dude, 21 January 2013 - 06:43 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#63 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Im sick of people already assuming the Wii U is in danger. People seem to forget that Nintendo is not stupid,No one has given them chance to bring out their IPs,It aint even E3 yet for god sakes! Just wait until SSB4 and the next Zelda game(when it comes). The skeptics will be the dumb ones.

Signature_DK.png

#64 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

The wii u HAS no, NOR HAS ANNOUNCED any game worth owning the system for. Their is no metroid prime calibur title. And none of your useless prattle has adressed this.

Lets forget the tone of voice of 3Dude message, this walking-talking gaming-encyclopia is spot on. Makes me wonder why the heck I did buy the system? #Scratcheshishead

Edited by Lupaie, 21 January 2013 - 06:45 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#65 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

... This is a crisis? Just a bad week.

But yeah they need games. EXCLUSIVES. The reason I don't buy it yet is the lack of them. 1 Mario game isn't enough. I'm busy enough with my Xbox 360 and 3DS right now to lay down 350.

Oh believe me. There will be kickass exClusives announced at E3

Lets forget the tone of voice of 3Dude message, this walking-talking gaming-encyclopia is spot on. Makes me wonder why the heck I did buy the system? #Scratcheshishead

3Ddude never knows what he is talking about. He is the type of person that would believe the garbage Micheal Pachter says.

Edited by Mr.Saturn, 21 January 2013 - 06:49 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#66 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

Im sick of people already assuming the Wii U is in danger. People seem to forget that Nintendo is not stupid,No one has given them chance to bring out their IPs,It aint even E3 yet for god sakes! Just wait until SSB4 and the next Zelda game(when it comes). The skeptics will be the dumb ones.

Sure, but they could have better planned towards this. How long have they known that WiiU would come? How long have they had since the last SSB, Mario, or other games? I think the problem is that developingtimes for 3DS and WiiU have exploded. Where the studios could easily create games for Gameboy as well as for N64 I think they have problems coping with these big projects. I believe too much time went into the 3ds projects. Resulting in a big gaping hole right now for the WiiU. I hope they don't start rushing for that would REALLY BE THE END.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#67 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

By this time in cubes life we had metroid prime.

In wiis life we already HAD twilight princess and were looking at galaxy.

wii u has NOTHING and we are being shown NOTHING to look forward too in high quality system defining titles.

We shouldnt have to wait over a year for the first game to make the console worth owning, and we SURE as hell shouldnt have to wait for a freaking SCREEN of one of the games we bought the console for.

Nintendo is making the same mistakes over and over again. They are backing off so garbage third party incumbent publishing houses arent afraid to release their garbage on nintendo consoles.

They suck and with few exceptions NEVER DELIVER throughout the ENTIRE window nintendo gives them. They sucked on wii, they sucked on 3ds, never delivering once in the entire launch window Nintendo gave to them, and they are doing it again with wii u, with the sole exception of ubisoft.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#68 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

By this time in cubes life we had metroid prime.

In wiis life we already HAD twilight princess and were looking at galaxy.

wii u has NOTHING and we are being shown NOTHING to look forward too in high quality system defining titles.

We shouldnt have to wait over a year for the first game to make the console worth owning, and we SURE as hell shouldnt have to wait for a freaking SCREEN of one of the games we bought the console for.

Nintendo is making the same mistakes over and over again. They are backing off so garbage third party incumbent publishing houses arent afraid to release their garbage on nintendo consoles.

They suck and with few exceptions NEVER DELIVER throughout the ENTIRE window nintendo gives them. They sucked on wii, they sucked on 3ds, never delivering once in the entire launch window Nintendo gave to them, and they are doing it again with wii u, with the sole exception of ubisoft.

If you hate Nintendo so much why dont you go to Xbox.com and leave this wonderful site.

Signature_DK.png

#69 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Sure, but they could have better planned towards this. How long have they known that WiiU would come? How long have they had since the last SSB, Mario, or other games? I think the problem is that developingtimes for 3DS and WiiU have exploded. Where the studios could easily create games for Gameboy as well as for N64 I think they have problems coping with these big projects. I believe too much time went into the 3ds projects. Resulting in a big gaping hole right now for the WiiU. I hope they don't start rushing for that would REALLY BE THE END.

Eh, Nintendo has expanded by several orders of magnitude (three new buildings in kyoto, one just for the newly uber expanded monolithsoft). And have made numerous announcements stating they will contract outside dev teams to increase team size to create all the content required for modern gaming. They are well prepared for the increase in workload that comes with higher fidelity systems. They are holding back on purpose, likely in agreement with third parties again so they dont have to compete with heavy hitting nintendo titles, just like they did with 3ds, and it is pissing me off to no end.

Edited by 3Dude, 21 January 2013 - 07:01 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#70 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

matey you guys should take a closer look at the games there's a couple that most people will putt a couple hundred hours on a single game. If you think putting a a couple hundred hours on a game makes it not worth buying a system for please lay off the wacky tabacky.

#71 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Eh, Nintendo has expanded by several orders of magnitude (three new buildings in kyoto, one just for the newly uber expanded monolithsoft). And have made numerous announcements stating they will contract outside dev teams to increase team size to create all the content required for modern gaming. They are well prepared for the increase in workload that comes with higher fidelity systems. They are holding back on purpose, likely in agreement with third parties again so they dont have to compete with heavy hitting nintendo titles, just like they did with 3ds, and it is pissing me off to no end.

Silly graphics hound.....

Signature_DK.png

#72 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

matey you guys should take a closer look at the games there's a couple that most people will putt a couple hundred hours on a single game. If you think putting a a couple hundred hours on a game makes it not worth buying a system for please lay off the wacky tabacky.

You mean a port of a 3ds game? That is a port of a wii game I played hundreds of hours on years ago.

Im going to get it, (for 3ds) but come on dude. If it was a new wii u ground up game, id be right with you, but its not.

If you hate Nintendo so much why dont you go to Xbox.com and leave this wonderful site.

No no, thats what you do after you scream and cry about getting banned on miiverse.

Edited by 3Dude, 21 January 2013 - 07:07 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#73 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

You mean a port of a 3ds game? That is a port of a wii game I played hundreds of hours on years ago.

Im going to get it, (for 3ds) but come on dude. If it was a new wii u ground up game, id be right with you, but its not.

No no, thats what you do after you scream and cry about getting banned on miiverse.

I wasnt screaming and crying so shut your mouth!

Signature_DK.png

#74 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

I wasnt screaming and crying so shut your mouth!

Back to the topic at hand please.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#75 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Back to the topic at hand please.

But you should apologize first.

Signature_DK.png

#76 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

I apologize...it's a sign of weaknes...oh wait..I unapologize ;) Lets forget this nonsense. I have my reasons for buying a Nintendo. And I am happy I did, at this very moment my wife and 6 year old are really enjoying Nintendoland. It's what's most important to me. Ciao!

Edited by Lupaie, 21 January 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#77 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

I apologize...it's a sign of weaknes...oh wait..I unapologize ;) Lets forget this nonsense. I have my reasons for buying a Nintendo. And I am happy I did, at this very moment my wife and 6 year old are really enjoying Nintendoland. It's what's most important to me. Ciao!

I was talking to 3Dude. Thanks anyway.

Signature_DK.png

#78 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Black ops 2, assassins creed3, mass effect3 are three games with online modes you could easily put over 500 pluss hours on easily and that's per game a lot of people have played mass effect or the trilogy but a lot haven't assassins creed was released shortly before launched and black ops what days later so it was for launch? Personaly I 'm not into racing or sports games but there on there way and some are out. Some are ports but with online that doesn't mean diddly squat and to complain about a redone monster hunter game redone in hd with all the extra content,lol. I do agree that it would be nice to have a metroid game though.

#79 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

But you should apologize first.

Lol Whut? *Reviews various crap and ad hominum attacks mr. saturn made in this thread, looksbat what 3dude said*

You are delusional, Im pretty sure i know why you got banned from miiverse. You dont even pay attention to all the garbage you spew, no wonder you think you 'did nothing wrong at all' yet got banned.

Black ops 2, assassins creed3, mass effect3 are three games with online modes you could easily put over 500 pluss hours on easily and that's per game a lot of people have played mass effect or the trilogy but a lot haven't assassins creed was released shortly before launched and black ops what days later so it was for launch? Personaly I 'm not into racing or sports games but there on there way and some are out. Some are ports but with online that doesn't mean diddly squat and to complain about a redone monster hunter game redone in hd with all the extra content,lol. I do agree that it would be nice to have a metroid game though.

So what happens when ive already owned those for months on my 360? And if i already own a 360, and can get all those games with a much larger online community to play with then on wii u, why should i buy a wii u for those games when i can just buy them on the 360?

Thats why Nintendo needs an exclusive system seller.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#80 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Lol Whut? *Reviews various crap and ad hominum attacks mr. saturn made in this thread, looksbat what 3dude said*

You are delusional, Im pretty sure i know why you got banned from miiverse. You dont even pay attention to all the garbage you spew, no wonder you think you 'did nothing wrong at all' yet got banned.

So what happens when ive already owned those for months on my 360? And if i already own a 360, and can get all those games with a much larger online community to play with then on wii u, why should i buy a wii u for those games when i can just buy them on the 360?

Thats why Nintendo needs an exclusive system seller.

You arde the one spewing delusional garbage.

Signature_DK.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!