#1 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

In our lives there are many things that can make us feel stressed or overwhelmed. I was curious to know how you guys deal with stress, because it seems to me that everyone has a different way of dealing with it. My stress isn't really that much of a problem, since it is just usually being caused from a load of work that I consider overwhelming. For me, I try to get through it by keeping myself busy at the task at hand and try not to get too overwhelmed about whatever is stressing me out.

So, how do you handle stress or overwhelming situations? What are some of the ways you reduce your stress?

Edited by Elric, 28 January 2013 - 07:20 PM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

My stress comes from HW and the way i deal with it is by sing songs out loud usually in public. Another way i deal with it is just playing Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Vidja Gaemz

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Kicking cousins.

by chance

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Working out and playing Video Games helps me to deal with it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I just sit back for a bit and think it through. It helps for me. I've tried playing video games or listening to music, but that just makes me feel worse.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

I.... don't know...

I never stress, but when I do... I try to ignore it, and punch the little clock at the bottom right corner because it is late and I haven't done my homework and... that's usually what happens but I have been stress-free since friday!

luckily my school doesn't start until friday.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

I.... don't know...

I never stress, but when I do... I try to ignore it, and punch the little clock at the bottom right corner because it is late and I haven't done my homework and... that's usually what happens but I have been stress-free since friday!

luckily my school doesn't start until friday.

Bottling it up is kinda sorta bad.

by chance

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Unlike most people, I don't really stress from school related stuff and work in general. If it does stress me, it is usually minor.
What stresses me is making big decisions, working with people, and the such. I'm sort of the friend people hang out with when their feeling down because I am pretty chill and don't typically judge them.

The problem I have is that I do bottle my stress up most of the time. Sometimes it can affect me physically, but typically I just get drained of any energy I had. The worst case scenario is that it brings on an episode of derealization.

What I usually do is take a step back and take my mind off things. I usually play a fun game, write, work out, or watch something. For when I am more stressed, I either go on a walk or meditate for quite a while.
For the worst case scenario of stress induced (or sometimes something related to my seizure disorder) derealization, I lay or sit around in my room with the lights off and continue the derealization until I'm tired enough to sleep. It sometimes lasts for hours, but after some sleep, I tend to feel better.

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Playing video games and just general procrastination.

I also try not to take anything too seriously, if you're not enjoying what you're doing in life what's the point living?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

To deal with stress I play violent games, listen to some awesome music and watch crappy reality tv just to re-establish that my life will never be that bad lol.

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

I usually just relax by listening to some Bob Marley or Lee Perry, read a book, or go out for a few drinks with mates.

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Bottling it up is kinda sorta bad.

I know... it trys to escape... and destroys you inside out...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#14 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I don't have stress. Simple as that.

#15 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

The only thing that helps for me is playing games, but even then I'm not the kind of person who can just "have fun a bit, take a time out" and be rejuvenated.

It feels like i perceive time in a really stupid way, my college days last forever and the time I spend at home seems to last for a few minutes. And then I'm back in the boring classroom again, stressing over stuff like presentations and exams.

#16 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I play the most violent games ever.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Im feeling overwhelming stress right now. My best friend Spencer said its over and skipped town. I hope to move to Seattle and start life anew.

Signature_DK.png

#18 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Im feeling overwhelming stress right now. My best friend Spencer said its over and skipped town. I hope to move to Seattle and start life anew.

If you are looking to deal with stress problems, don't move to Seattle. It has some of the highest depression rates because it rains all of the time. If you want a more stress free environment, I suggest moving somewhere in the Midwest.

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

If you are looking to deal with stress problems, don't move to Seattle. It has some of the highest depression rates because it rains all of the time. If you want a more stress free environment, I suggest moving somewhere in the Midwest.

I will try witchita then.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!