#1 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

I got some extra money recently and I'm considering purchasing a PS Vita.
However a lot of things are holding me back,
First, games, while there are games that appeal to me on the system like Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, and Disgaea, nothing stands out to me as a must buy. Secondly, including the cost of memory cards, I'd basically be buying a PS3, but a PS3 would be a better deal (and I won't get one because me and my roommate already have a gamecube and Xbox, and I hate the Dualshock). Ultimately I dont feel like the purchase would be justified, but what do y'all think?

#2 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

2014 will be better jk. I have one and dont recommend it unless you want tearaway or Killzone
Posted Image

#3 Kirbi

Kirbi

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and One Piece

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

It is a brilliant piece of hardware, but the games are just not there. I have the PSVita but I plan on selling it soon, I have had it since launch and very few games have sparked my interest. Although I am sure many people will disagree with me because there are some games on the system which get good reviews such as persona 4.

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

LOL - No....I honestly wish I had a reason to pick up another one...I traded mine in for a 3DSXL. Honestly..unless you want a really expensive portable video/mp3 player and web browser...(thats if you want to spend a monthly fee on the 3G service), then there is no reason. Honestly...I've said it many times..I loved Gravity Rush, but there's no other must have game on the Vita in my opinion..or any coming out in the foreseeable future. Sony will eventually have to lower the price of both the system and mem cards..or open the market up to 3rd party mem cards for me to ever consider it..and thats pushing it. No games = no reason to own.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I have a bit of trouble understanding these sorts of questions. Ultimately, why does anybody purchase any console? For the games? To support your favorite video game company? To collect?

I don't believe anyone, but marketing should be convincing you to buy a Vita. If you're interested in one, and are on the fence about purchasing one, then do the research and find what about the Vita you'd really want to have. Because let's be honest, people have varying opinions of the console. We have people who argue that the games aren't there, and we have people who state otherwise. This problem isn't exclusive to just the games.

There are also a few titles coming up this year, including Soul Sacrafice and Tearaway, which may or may not be of interest to you. Sure, they're new IPs, but some people think they'll be hits. You can decide that yourself assuming future titles are worth a purchase now.

In any case Vita isn't going anywhere, and neither are the games. At some point a price drop will come by so you're always free to wait on that and think about this decision again another time. If you really want to play Persona 4, it also happens to be available on the PS2 (mind you it's missing a few features the enhanced port possesses). Even if you hate Dualshock, PS2s are super inexpensive.

#6 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

I just bought one and I'm loving it. Gravity rush, lbp, uncharted etc all decent games.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Me when I read the title:
Posted Image

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 04 February 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Mgs hd. Lol
Really i got mines for resistance and was hoping some great games would come out but ahhh.
It didnt happen. Imo the vita went down the drain. They really need some new games.
So i really cant tell you to just drop the cash and buy one.
Probably better off get a 3ds or some games for the systems you already gotten.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#9 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Well guess not

#10 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Me when I read the title:
Posted Image

I want that kitten!

I think it's a pretty cool system, and am suprised that the PSP is still more popular. I like playing around with it at the stores when I get the chance, Like little deviants and the back touch pad. Though it's expensive, and the load times are horrible, atleast store units. minutes. x.x

Stupid Snowmads!

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

Uhh.. Gravity Rush and Sly Cooper?

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

You can alway just use it for Netflix like i do :)

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

its a nice peice of kit. I just wish it got more suppirt. Especially sce games. dark cloud vita would be all kinds if awesome.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

I was going to buy it but I just couldn't. No must buy games in the shelves, some must buy games turned out to be carp and looking into the future I don't see much else coming.

Compare this to WiiU..almost excact the same except we can count in Nintendo to deliver us AAA games.

I bought PSP on launchday, in the media GT images filled their covers. But then, a couple months in, Sony forgot about the system and so did Polophony. GT did arrive after a couple of years but it was clear that it wasn't a priority title. Not much else did help from dust covering my beloved PSP, Final Fantasy Tactics and GnGoblins are the only titles that pop up.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#15 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Well, the PS Vita is definitely loads better than the 3DS in terms of hardware. But in th software...not so much. Like other people have stated there aren' any must have games that make people want a Vita. It's like Sony doesn't even care or support that system anymore.

#16 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

There is none.

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

If the games don't particularly interest you right now then you're best off waiting, a price drop is likely in the near future too. The memory card price is the main problem, reducing that and introducing a larger capacity card would be a great move.

I'm very happy with my Vita which is a lot more than I can say about my 3DS.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

killzone mercinarys cant wait for this game in sept to play my vita again
Posted Image

#19 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Dual thumb-stick Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, PS1 games, and the few big Vita titles? Seems like enough to me - once they price drop, that is.

#20 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

There's assassin's creed liberation...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash