• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arun241

Arun241

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

My cousin's house burned down a few weeks ago (and only two days after he bought the Wii U). Among the few things that didn't get burned was the Wii U Console. And by console, I mean just the console. All of our controllers (the Wii U Gampad included) were burnt to a crisp as well as the ac adapter (for both the gamepad and console) and the sensor bar.

Recently, they moved in with us and as a present, I thought I would get all the parts I need to play the Wii U. However, as I'm sure most of you have already realized, is that the Wii U is virtually unplayable without the Gamepad, which in Nintendo's infinite wisdom decided to base the whole entire Wii U on. I don't blame Nintendo, after all the Gamepad was one of their main points about the Wii U, but their decision has left me with a whole host of problems. For starters, I can't create a mii character (and thus can't even access the Wii U menu screen to choose a program or play any game) because I can only create a mii with the Gamepad. I could go on and on but essentially, without the Gamepad, all my efforts will be wasted.

I don't know what to do. Nintendo has decided to not sell any of their accessories (I had to buy the ac adapter from a third party) and that means they aren't selling the Gamepad. I really want to make him happy after he lost so much and, after speaking with multiple people from Nintendo support, have not had any luck either acquiring a new Gamepad or trying to get them to alter their software so that it's playable without the Gamepad. Can any of you guys help me?

P.S. Thanks in advance.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

I suggest calling Nintendo's Help Line and see whether accidents such as house fires covers for warranty.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 irpieman

irpieman

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

try cex an online web site they sell gamepad for £80.00

#4 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

but the game pad is region locked so if he is in the u.s it wont do you any good

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo, Wii U Controller, wii u, gamepad, unplayable, Burned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!