• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zer0age

Zer0age

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Its only 30 bucks right now at gamestop. Im scared that if i buy it now i wont have any money for mh3 ultimate... eh...
whats nintendo land like though? can you play the games on the gamepad? is it like the wii u's equivalent to home on the ps3?

#2 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

It's pretty fun, a multitude of games can be played on the gamepad only, but some can't. I think the funnest single player games are Donkey Kong and Pinkmin. But if you have people to play through the experience is amazing with Mario Chase, and AC: Sweet Day. Nintendo Land is just like Wii Play as an introduction to the new ways to play. But the games have much more depth. I don't have nor really played a Ps3 so can't help. Also not sure when MH3U is out, but whether or not you have another is up to you and your savings / income.
I got it bundled in my Deluxe Wii U, and is was played a lot, now a days, not so much but it's a great party game.

Stupid Snowmads!

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

yes especially if you have people to play multiplayer with

#4 markusjayjay

markusjayjay

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

If you have friends, yes.

Posted Image

Nintendo Network ID: markusjayjay

#5 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

If you don't see yourself playing it with others, definitely not. It is not much more than a simple minigame collection and you will grow tired of it real quick playing it on your own. Although it is great, simple fun if you have some people over.

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

It's a must if you expect to play it with friends.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

I HATED it and thought it was a pointless waste of time nintendo making it!!

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I've not played it but from everything I've read it's primarily multiplayer focused. Its supposed to be a pretty good game but would probably get boring quickly in single player.

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I've not played it but from everything I've read it's primarily multiplayer focused. Its supposed to be a pretty good game but would probably get boring quickly in single player.

It does, but DAT DK Crash game!

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

I am actually quite fond of Nintendo Land. It's really a game you need to play with friends and family though as you get much more value and fun gameplay from it. Mario Chase, Metroid Blast, Luigis Ghost Mansion are just a few of my favorites.

I also must say the game has some of the best graphics on the Wii U to date.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Zer0age

Zer0age

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

i actually dont have any friends locally so i guess i'll wait. i just wanted it cause the zelda game, metroid blast, pikmin and the ninja stars one looked intresting.

#12 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

i actually dont have any friends locally so i guess i'll wait. i just wanted it cause the zelda game, metroid blast, pikmin and the ninja stars one looked intresting.

The 3 i played before trading it were all crap lol

#13 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Pinkmin and 'Ninja Stars' are both pretty great single player games, the ninja one for a few minutes but you can get pretty immeresed in pinkmin. Metroid Blast flying.. is alright, but this is just my judgement haven't played multiplayer on that. Zelda, I'm honestly not that impressed. The 'force camera' is annoying and I think some what hinders gameplay. I understand it's supposed to be a coaster game, but I guess it's pretty nice.

Stupid Snowmads!

#14 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

buy it

#15 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I personally don't think Nintendo Land is worth $60. It gets quite boring fast and the real fun is only there when friends or family are playing with you. I'm glad the game came with my sister's Deluxe, so I didn't have to buy it.

#16 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

I personally don't think Nintendo Land is worth $60. It gets quite boring fast and the real fun is only there when friends or family are playing with you. I'm glad the game came with my sister's Deluxe, so I didn't have to buy it.

Yeah but he can get it for $30, which I say is a pretty good deal! Save up some other money for MH3U :P

Edited by TheDoctor13, 13 February 2013 - 10:37 PM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#17 Zer0age

Zer0age

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

well mh3 demo is coming. i'll just try it then. i really liked the regular mh3 for wii so we'll see.
btw, does anyone know if you can play mh3 on gamepad cause i dont have a 3ds.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

for 30 bucks? sure.

Pikmin, metroid and zelda make it worth it for me. Zeldas the most casual, an enhanced and cooler version of wii sports resorts sword showdown mode. Metroid is awesome wiimote+nunchuck shooting on foot action, or if you on gamepad, shooting and flying action. Features co op and deathmatch. Pikmin is dang near an entire adventure. Also co op.

Once you 'beat' these, a tag called extra pops up, and you find you are only halfway done, except now, its nintendo hard.

Takamarus ninja castle and dk's crash course are also awesome.

Fzero is pretty cool.

the trophy collecting is awesome and addictive.

mario chase, animal crossing and luigis mansion are fun if you have freinds to play with. Animal crossing in particular is for some reason, pretty cool and strategic.

Yoshi and dance octopus can suck it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

i guess it would depend on your age and preferences. im a lifelong nintendo fan and it was a nobrainer for me. from the outside lookin in, it looks like its sweet soft and would get old quick, but there is some serious fun to be had here. metroid will suck you in. its fun and there are a lot more levels than it seems. some of the games are fun and easy, some are insanely difficult. its worth 30$, but i made it a point to buy the deluxe system to get this game in the box

Save the Deku trees!

#20 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Its pretty much just a bunch of tech demo's I would save your money.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wiiu, nintendoland, mario, wii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!