135 replies to this topic

#1 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

POPULAR

From what I saw it looked stronger than wii u, and it probably has more horsepower used for later. However, I think it didn't looks 3x-4x more powerful than wii u like the fanboys say. Also the Wii U's Power is also just being unlocked. I personally think they look about the same. I know I'll get some hate on this but it's just my opinion

X

Fallout

Different graphic types, but similar on level.

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

POPULAR

Yeah, I thought the graphics were good but I wasn't totally blown away

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Meant Killzone

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Well yes in the long run ps3 is gonna show what it's capable off and so will Wii U. Today I didn't see anything mind blowing but I'm sure the fanboys will say otherwise

#5 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

I will have to agree with you, buut to be honest I'm not a graphics fanboy so I don't give at all.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Well yes in the long run ps3 is gonna show what it's capable off and so will Wii U. Today I didn't see anything mind blowing but I'm sure the fanboys will say otherwise

#7 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

It's to early (on both sides) to judge whether who has the better graphics and console. The WiiU hasn't even been out 6 months and the PlayStation4 hasn't come out on the market yet. Only time will tell.

Edited by Goomba, 20 February 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Yes, the flip side of the "the Wii U is still young and we haven't seen what it's fully capable of yet" coin is that the same will be true for PS4 when it launches.

Edited by WiiNC, 20 February 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

POPULAR

It's to early (on both sides) to judge whether who has the better console and graphics. The WiiU hasn't even been out 6 months and the PlayStation4 hasn't come out on the market. Only time will tell.

As always.

Besides, I don't think the graphics were the real highlight of this meeting. It was more about its potential

#10 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Well yes the WiiU's potential hasn't been unlocked yet, but neither has the PS4's nor the X720's, both are more powerful than the WiiU if they are not then Nintendo need to show it right now, not next month, or next week but right this miniute.

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

PS4 is probably 8-10x more
Powerful than wii u, I think it's a little less than less gen, but it's not close by any means.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

I think the graphics are still about the same. But I still understand we cant judge either of them yet. For now I think that they are even.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#13 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Powerful than wii u, I think it's a little less than less gen, but it's not close by any means.

Are you not good? Do you know how much 8-10x more is? That is a huge difference...

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Are you not good? Do you know how much 8-10x more is? That is a huge difference...

1. That was a joke
2. It was making fun of people thinking the ps4 was gonna somehow be a insane powerhouse
3. The second part was what I really think.
Sorry sarcasm can't be sensed as well on the Internet. But I would appreciate if you didn't throw those offensive words around. Use idiot, not silly pony.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#15 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

The highlight of the conference for me was the amount of support SONY has for the PS4.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#16 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

That third party support is insane. Nintendo had like 6 developers and Sony had like 40. Im not hating but come on Nintendo step it up.
Posted Image

#17 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I will have to agree with you, buut to be honest I'm not a graphics fanboy so I don't give at all.

same here. there's entirely to much investment in graphics these days over gameplay, taking care of glitches, and making a quality story. graphics have there place, but at some point, 60fps needs to be more important than lighting, pixels, polygons and effects.

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

The PS4 games are built from the ground up for it. Therefore, they look "next gen."

And they are very far along. Near launch ready. Mostly optimization and such happening now. They are engine and asset complete.

The Wii U by contrast launched with literal last gen games. even the exclusives were on last gen code from other consoles. Like a port of a last gen game.

We won't see what early "from the ground up" games look like on Wii U until E3.

Even comparing X to Killzone, KZ is probably farther along that X is.

And that is really saying something. Also, X seems to be more true open world, whereas KZ is heavily segmented, relying on "on-rails" transport systems to take the player from segment to next. KZ was also very texture-light, whereas X is texture heavy.

Interesting. I was please by what was shown for PS4, but was also surprised that the Wii U seems to be able to compete very well when code and assets are created for it.

Nintendo always plays it smarter than the next guy. I like that they always act like the little guy going in to beat on the big guys. It forces them to go unconventional. To defy logic and come out the better for it.

no one would have thought such heavy customization of the GPU would be what it is or that the memory structure would be so perfect that it allows performance far above what the specs detail.

PS4 adding 8GB of RAM just seems like a last minute decision to throw money at a problem. it would have been wiser for them to manager their memory better and match various types at various cost. They did it the expensive way. Again. and it won't necessarily ever show up in games as a huge advantage.

sure, you can have 8GB of textures, geometry (actually very light footprint compared to textures), lighting, shading, etc. going on, but if you aren't careful, you're going to drown your GPU and CPU.

I have a feeling the CPU is ok and the GPU is great. but how they all work together isn't as smart as could be, nor nearly as efficient.

And that is where the light-heavyweight Wii U, which has specs that SEEM light in comparison, will start trading blows with the heavyweights and not only get knocked down a few times, but scoring knockdowns of its own as well.

The wii U is not as powerful as the PS4. It's just not. And we knew it wouldn't be. but in terms of what you will see on screen and what you can do in-game, it is not far behind either.

This E3, it is going to be fun watching Sony fans have to apologize for why their games aren't blowing Wii U out of the water.

The highlight of the conference for me was the amount of support SONY has for the PS4.

That is never in question with Sony.

They are a third party system primarily.

they make lame games. so third parties have no fear of compeitition.

the one thing I did notice about the PS4 though is that there was no killer app.

Not one game that said "Oh my gosh! I HAVE to have that!!!"

Not one.

And for all the bluster and talk about the system, it seems to simply be another playstation with yet another dual shock controller.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 20 February 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#19 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

im sick of this " the wii u hasnt shown us its full potential blah blah blah ps4 hasnt been RELEASED YET the wii u has been released for how long?? ps4 smashes it already killzone etc mite not be made of final hardware either so it could improve sorry but wii u loses this one

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

hahah, yeah, no. keep dreaming.

im sick of this " the wii u hasnt shown us its full potential blah blah blah ps4 hasnt been RELEASED YET the wii u has been released for how long?? ps4 smashes it already killzone etc mite not be made of final hardware either so it could improve sorry but wii u loses this one

Killzone was not that impressive. Also, Killzone 1 and 2 looked good for their time in trailers, but absolutely terrible when you actually played them. I don't think that was live at any rate, I think they were showing a pre-made video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!