• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

#121 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

ummm before the wii u was launched nintendo showed the bird demo and zelda tech demo both of which gave a FALSE sence of power,nintendo then changed the processor for an inferior one and your left with what you have got,bayonetta looks absolute RUBBISH compared to killzone 4 in EVERY way!! no one except wii u fanboys on here are dissapointed with the ps4 lol check out the pre orders for it,people are well and truley HYPED for its release.

Edited by syks-1, 08 November 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#122 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

ummm before the wii u was launched nintendo showed the bird demo and zelda tech demo both of which gave a FALSE sence of power,nintendo then changed the processor for an inferior one and your left with what you have got,bayonetta looks absolute RUBBISH compared to killzone 4 in EVERY way!! no one except wii u fanboys on here are dissapointed with the ps4 lol check out the pre orders for it,people are well and truley HYPED for its release.

Thats why you came back, you found a terd hanging out of a neogaffers butt and thought you found a gold ticket.

That rumour, was completely made up by a neogaf forum member, had no evidence whatsoever, and has been directly confirmed false by a developer. The wii u has only gotten stronger since those tech demos.

Sorry shirley.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#123 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thats why you came back, you found a terd hanging out of a neogaffers butt and thought you found a gold ticket.

That rumour, was completely made up by a neogaf forum member, had no evidence whatsoever, and has been directly confirmed false by a developer. The wii u has only gotten stronger since those tech demos.

Sorry shirley.

ummm im affraid not,i found a whole write up about it on the net a loooong time ago just after i bought my wii u,it is NOT a false statement,nintendo did opt for a weaker processor than the one they had before its release,it was cheeper for them in the long run.

yep looks just the same as wii u graphically lol

oh and i dont and never have been on neogaf

Edited by syks-1, 08 November 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#124 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

ummm im affraid not,i found a whole write up about it on the net a loooong time ago just after i bought my wii u,it is NOT a false statement,nintendo did opt for a weaker processor than the one they had before its release,it was cheeper for them in the long run.

yep looks just the same as wii u graphically lol
oh and i dont and never have been on neogaf

SUUUUURRRREEEE you did, its just a biiiiig coincidince. I think im going to believe the developers, over you and your conveniently non existant article.

And you can post all the videos you want. Its not going to change anything, these people have ALREADY seen what the ps4 is packing, and its just not enough compared to what they expected.

The improvements are miniscule, and by and large wont be noticed bythe average person, that ray traced reflection might as well be a planar reflection, or even a cube map.they dont notice or care about the difference.

Its a tiny jump, because you need more and more power to make less and less apparant improvements today... And the most powerful system is nowhere close to mantaining the same performance increase ratio as its predecessors.

Killzone 4 looks pretty slick. What it DOESNT look like, is seeing mgs2 on the ps2 for the first time.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#125 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

SUUUUURRRREEEE you did, its just a biiiiig coincidince. I think im going to believe the developers, over you and your conveniently non existant article.

And you can post all the videos you want. Its not going to change anything, these people have ALREADY seen what the ps4 is packing, and its just not enough compared to what they expected.

The improvements are miniscule, and by and large wont be noticed bythe average person, that ray traced reflection might as well be a planar reflection, or even a cube map.they dont notice or care about the difference.

Its a tiny jump, because you need more and more power to make less and less apparant improvements today... And the most powerful system is nowhere close to mantaining the same performance increase ratio as its predecessors.

Killzone 4 looks pretty slick. What it DOESNT look like, is seeing mgs2 on the ps2 for the first time.

Exactly. And seeing FFX for the first time. Those graphics were mindblowing, lol. It was all over the news. The Xbox One and PS4's graphics aren't impressive at all. Only Sony and Microsoft fangirls tend to act like this is a massive step up from last gen.

#126 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

oh i agree the jump isnt so impressive as say the jump from ps2 to ps3/360 or ps1 to ps2 BUT it still dosnt hide the fact that the ps4 is ahead of the wii u and by quite a longshot,i dont care if you believe me or not i know its true and what i read,like i said,the ONLY people that are saying the ps4 is graphically like the wiiu or not much better is wii u fanboys NOT gamers on the whole.

why do you spend so much time on here when you can be playing the fab wii u lol the jump from ps3 to wii u is miniscule,the jump from ps3 to ps4 is ALOT higher than the jump to wiiu,thats just FACT.

i wont argue no more as it dosnt really matter anyway,if you are enjoying your wii u then fair play to you,i was VERY dissapointed with mine. :(

#127 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

oh i agree the jump isnt so impressive as say the jump from ps2 to ps3/360 or ps1 to ps2 BUT it still dosnt hide the fact that the ps4 is ahead of the wii u and by quite a longshot,i dont care if you believe me or not i know its true and what i read,like i said,the ONLY people that are saying the ps4 is graphically like the wiiu or not much better is wii u fanboys NOT gamers on the whole.

why do you spend so much time on here when you can be playing the fab wii u lol the jump from ps3 to wii u is miniscule,the jump from ps3 to ps4 is ALOT higher than the jump to wiiu,thats just FACT.

i wont argue no more as it dosnt really matter anyway,if you are enjoying your wii u then fair play to you,i was VERY dissapointed with mine. :(

Im actually finishing up the end game of ac4.

jOqspP3z5okCw.jpg

I also dont think you understand what the word fact means.

Its actually looking like the wii u is pretty close to the middle of the road, particularly when you factor in xbone, which will be dragging multiplats to its level. Pretty much most every performance metric lands in the same spot, around 3-4x wii u... This has only been solidified by sony and ms being so forthcoming with their specs.

Typicaly, gen changes used to on average have performance improvements of 20-30X.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#128 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Im actually finishing up the end game of ac4.

jOqspP3z5okCw.jpg

I also dont think you understand what the word fact means.

Its actually looking like the wii u is pretty close to the middle of the road, particularly when you factor in xbone, which will be dragging multiplats to its level. Pretty much most every performance metric lands in the same spot, around 3-4x wii u... This has only been solidified by sony and ms being so forthcoming with their specs.

Typicaly, gen changes used to on average have performance improvements of 20-30X.

How is AC4 anyway? I liked 2 and Brotherhood but never bothered to finish them, and I couldn't stand 3. I've been thinking of getting this for Christmas, but Deus Ex is my highest 3rd party priority atm.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#129 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

well im glad to see you are at least enjoying the wii u, have a nice day :)

#130 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

How is AC4 anyway? I liked 2 and Brotherhood but never bothered to finish them, and I couldn't stand 3. I've been thinking of getting this for Christmas, but Deus Ex is my highest 3rd party priority atm.

Well, being as I typically dont like assassins creed as a whole, 4 is by far the best in the series for me.

Assassins creed is what became of ubisofts prince of persia codebase, and while i rathered enjoyed ubisofts pop, ac.... was far too repetitive for me. Which was a fault that plauged the entire series. I typically enjoy traversing the environments, but feel that its a little too automated. And combat was an absolute joke, to the point you can get trough fights by simply slapping your genitals n the controller.

Ac4 is still an ac game, so it doesnt fix ALL the problems, but it fixes more than enough of them.

The windwaker inspired world design is a true blessing, not only is the maritime gameplay blessed (i rarely use quick travel because i enjoy sailing, sea battles, harpoon fishing, boarding and seizing etc) but the islands being self contained playgrounds improved the level design immensely, and had enough variety between islands, and the excellent sea gameplay, to keep the game from becoming a repetitve chore, if ever i started getting bored of what i was currently doing, there was a metric ton of sidequests to do, of a wide variety, with worthwhile rewards.

The land combat is still super streamlined, but naval combat is an absolute joy, simply designing ships historically accurate was all that needed to be done to ensure wonderful gameplay mechanics.

And best of all, the goofy ac story is turned down to just the right setting. Never, through the entire past side of the story, is it ruined by an overdose of the aliens but not really garbage. Its involved, and those familiar will be able to recognize it, but as its handled in ac4, its mystery is kept in tact, which is an absolute blessing. Oh, and the historical events in this one, while slightly tweaked, are very well done and sure fun for any pirate buff.

By far the best in the series for me, and will probably remain that way, as i dont see how any game that removes the naval gameplay could possibly hope to match it. I actually bought it, rather than borrowing it from a freind, i felt it was that good.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#131 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Those tech demos were made using target hardware in a very early prototype dev unit.  The hardware was never scaled back at all. 

#132 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

Those tech demos were made using target hardware in a very early prototype dev unit.  The hardware was never scaled back at all. 

If you want to believe that and it makes you feel better then fine,cant be bothered to argue but i know the truth :)

#133 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

You can always push the graphics much harder on technical demos than actual games as the only user input you are dealing with is camera changes. Once you have to factor in full game engines then naturally things get scaled back.

It really doesn't matter either way, logic dictates that the PS4 is at least four times more powerful than the Wii U and it really doesn't matter for first party games. Multi-platform games are going to leave the WiiU in the dust anyway, purely due to RAM and HDD requirements.

First party games will be fine, because Nintendo long since adopted an art style that doesn't need as much processing power. Mario World looks awesome, Zelda will be awesome, because those games were still good on Wii and the ONLY upgrade I cared about was the games finally looking decent on my HDTV. Sure I would prefer them in 1080p, but it wouldn't make them better games. Nintendo do not make the kind of games that need the extra detail of 1080p.

The only people disappointed with Wii U are those expecting third-party support to the same degree as PS4 and Xbox One. This was never likely to happen as Nintendo know better than to try and compete with Sony/Microsoft who are losing tons of money fighting for the top. There is already talk of Microsoft selling off Xbox due to the huge losses it has. Nintendo might not be in the same league, but it makes them a far more profitable company. Neither Sony or Microsoft actually make any money from their gaming business that I can tell, they are using it instead to bolster their media businesses.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 21 November 2013 - 04:53 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#134 megafenix

megafenix

Blooper

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

Obviously not, the wii u may be fficient and the fixed stream cores may give a boost in performance but still is a step awa in power vs the xbox one and ps4, but despite that the wii u can show pretty good next generation graphics looking games if companies give it a try

10904546_10153061084754769_3841249629064

10914786_10153061076874769_2022900545832

Captain-Toad--Treasure-Tracker.jpg

#135 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

Please realize that you're replying to a almost two year old thread.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#136 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:08 AM

The only other thing I can add on top of what Zombie said is that you megafenix do not need to keep posting the same images thread after thread to make your point. You've been posting the same stuff in every hardware thread or graphics thread you come across.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!