#21 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

I dunno why people would say even anything about graphics at the point crap the ps4 not even out yet and also im sure of it those games are not even half way done yet! When u check out the specs for ps4 and Wii U come on Ps4 does have more fire power lets be real about that!
Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

The PS4 games are built from the ground up for it. Therefore, they look "next gen."

And they are very far along. Near launch ready. Mostly optimization and such happening now. They are engine and asset complete.

The Wii U by contrast launched with literal last gen games. even the exclusives were on last gen code from other consoles. Like a port of a last gen game.

We won't see what early "from the ground up" games look like on Wii U until E3.

Even comparing X to Killzone, KZ is probably farther along that X is.

And that is really saying something. Also, X seems to be more true open world, whereas KZ is heavily segmented, relying on "on-rails" transport systems to take the player from segment to next. KZ was also very texture-light, whereas X is texture heavy.

Interesting. I was please by what was shown for PS4, but was also surprised that the Wii U seems to be able to compete very well when code and assets are created for it.

Nintendo always plays it smarter than the next guy. I like that they always act like the little guy going in to beat on the big guys. It forces them to go unconventional. To defy logic and come out the better for it.

no one would have thought such heavy customization of the GPU would be what it is or that the memory structure would be so perfect that it allows performance far above what the specs detail.

PS4 adding 8GB of RAM just seems like a last minute decision to throw money at a problem. it would have been wiser for them to manager their memory better and match various types at various cost. They did it the expensive way. Again. and it won't necessarily ever show up in games as a huge advantage.

sure, you can have 8GB of textures, geometry (actually very light footprint compared to textures), lighting, shading, etc. going on, but if you aren't careful, you're going to drown your GPU and CPU.

I have a feeling the CPU is ok and the GPU is great. but how they all work together isn't as smart as could be, nor nearly as efficient.

And that is where the light-heavyweight Wii U, which has specs that SEEM light in comparison, will start trading blows with the heavyweights and not only get knocked down a few times, but scoring knockdowns of its own as well.

The wii U is not as powerful as the PS4. It's just not. And we knew it wouldn't be. but in terms of what you will see on screen and what you can do in-game, it is not far behind either.

This E3, it is going to be fun watching Sony fans have to apologize for why their games aren't blowing Wii U out of the water.

That is never in question with Sony.

They are a third party system primarily.

they make lame games. so third parties have no fear of compeitition.

the one thing I did notice about the PS4 though is that there was no killer app.

Not one game that said "Oh my gosh! I HAVE to have that!!!"

Not one.

And for all the bluster and talk about the system, it seems to simply be another playstation with yet another dual shock controller.

As I was watching it, I really wanted watchdogs, aaaand now it's been confirmed for Wii U, so, now I won't need to bother, lol

I dunno why people would say even anything about graphics at the point crap the ps4 not even out yet and also im sure of it those games are not even half way done yet! When u check out the specs for ps4 and Wii U come on Ps4 does have more fire power lets be real about that!

More firepower yes, but enough to create a graphical schism, hardly.

#23 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

lol i think we should not say anything until E3..
Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

My GPU does over 2TFlops and I have two of them, 4GB of GDDR5, 16GB DDR3 and the X demo made me wonder why I've spent over $2000 on my rig, seriously. The PS4 is running a weaker GPU than the two that I have, a weaker processor, is constantly capturing and encoding video in the background, talking with PSN servers and keeping your status up to date, streaming data from a stereo camera and processing that, etc etc ad nauseum. My PC runs with less overhead than that thing. I can say with a fair amount of certainty that at least for the former half of this generation the Wii U will hold it's own very well.

The PS4 has some muscle, but I wonder how much of it will be spent on everything other than playing games. I still plan on getting one, though. If publishers continue to act stupid about supporting the Wii U I will have the PS3 as a backup for a select few third party games that I really want. Honestly other than Uncharted their first party games are garbage IMO.

#25 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

The PS4 games are built from the ground up for it. Therefore, they look "next gen."

And they are very far along. Near launch ready. Mostly optimization and such happening now. They are engine and asset complete.

The Wii U by contrast launched with literal last gen games. even the exclusives were on last gen code from other consoles. Like a port of a last gen game.

We won't see what early "from the ground up" games look like on Wii U until E3.

Even comparing X to Killzone, KZ is probably farther along that X is.

And that is really saying something. Also, X seems to be more true open world, whereas KZ is heavily segmented, relying on "on-rails" transport systems to take the player from segment to next. KZ was also very texture-light, whereas X is texture heavy.

Interesting. I was please by what was shown for PS4, but was also surprised that the Wii U seems to be able to compete very well when code and assets are created for it.

Nintendo always plays it smarter than the next guy. I like that they always act like the little guy going in to beat on the big guys. It forces them to go unconventional. To defy logic and come out the better for it.

no one would have thought such heavy customization of the GPU would be what it is or that the memory structure would be so perfect that it allows performance far above what the specs detail.

PS4 adding 8GB of RAM just seems like a last minute decision to throw money at a problem. it would have been wiser for them to manager their memory better and match various types at various cost. They did it the expensive way. Again. and it won't necessarily ever show up in games as a huge advantage.

sure, you can have 8GB of textures, geometry (actually very light footprint compared to textures), lighting, shading, etc. going on, but if you aren't careful, you're going to drown your GPU and CPU.

I have a feeling the CPU is ok and the GPU is great. but how they all work together isn't as smart as could be, nor nearly as efficient.

And that is where the light-heavyweight Wii U, which has specs that SEEM light in comparison, will start trading blows with the heavyweights and not only get knocked down a few times, but scoring knockdowns of its own as well.

The wii U is not as powerful as the PS4. It's just not. And we knew it wouldn't be. but in terms of what you will see on screen and what you can do in-game, it is not far behind either.

This E3, it is going to be fun watching Sony fans have to apologize for why their games aren't blowing Wii U out of the water.

That is never in question with Sony.

They are a third party system primarily.

they make lame games. so third parties have no fear of compeitition.

the one thing I did notice about the PS4 though is that there was no killer app.

Not one game that said "Oh my gosh! I HAVE to have that!!!"

Not one.

And for all the bluster and talk about the system, it seems to simply be another playstation with yet another dual shock controller.

The 8 Gigs is not just for games. It is for All that the system needs to do to function with all its features. The OS needs some of it right off the bat. With all the new features, a lot of more multi-tasking will be taking place. Which is exactly what RAM is for. Then of course there is the games. 8 gigs is now a standard for any decent gaming rig. They need at least this much to pull off all these things. Developers specifically asked for this change so they could make their games how they are meant to be. 8 Gigs is not only there to allow for all these things to function, but to do so smoothly for a seamless user friendly experience. This is not something they just threw money at to solve a problem. It was entirely necessary.

Edited by DragonChi, 20 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#26 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

PS4 is probably 8-10x more
Powerful than wii u, I think it's a little less than less gen, but it's not close by any means.

This, we have not seen a single thing for the wiiu that approaches what Sony have shown thus far.

Killzone was not that impressive. Also, Killzone 1 and 2 looked good for their time in trailers, but absolutely terrible when you actually played them. I don't think that was live at any rate, I think they were showing a pre-made video.

YOu are kidding, the final game looked better then the trailers in the case of both Killzone 2 and 3.

#27 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

im sick of this " the wii u hasnt shown us its full potential blah blah blah ps4 hasnt been RELEASED YET the wii u has been released for how long?? ps4 smashes it already killzone etc mite not be made of final hardware either so it could improve sorry but wii u loses this one

Sick of it or not. It's the truth.

E3 2013.

If all ps4 had to show was 360 ports and games based off of last gen, you'd be thinking it was lane too.

So wait for e3.

If nothing good is shown, you can throw up Ll you want.

#28 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

They are just videos, Wait till you actually see it yourself on your tv to give a Opinion, I think they both are great in power.

#29 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Im affraid the killzone in game clip they showed BLOWS EVERY GAME ive seen so far on wii u or coming to wii u away!! anyone who says the graphics were not much better than wii u needs there eyes tested!! and the console is NOT EVEN RELEASED YET!!

I know we havnt seen the best of wii u but we have far from seen the best of ps4.

#30 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

I hear good graphics sell games

#31 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

I hear good graphics sell games

They do.

If they didn't, we would need new consoles.

#32 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Deep Down was mostly in-game (there was a HUD) and looked amazing. Killzone looked fantastic in the gameplay (really fresh) but felt more like a PS3 game on 'high' settings.
No sig.

#33 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

They do.

If they didn't, we would need new consoles.

I know, Aion was amazing right

#34 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Im affraid the killzone in game clip they showed BLOWS EVERY GAME ive seen so far on wii u or coming to wii u away!! anyone who says the graphics were not much better than wii u needs there eyes tested!! and the console is NOT EVEN RELEASED YET!!

I know we havnt seen the best of wii u but we have far from seen the best of ps4.

im with this guy

#35 Greg1040

Greg1040

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

I own a ps3 and a wii u so wouldn't say am biased towards 1 or the other. Soo much people compare these specs to what they run in an actual pc but yet try and emulate even a wii game which isnt by any means a powerfull console and u need a fairly decent pc to get games to run so it's not something u can compare. When u think how much of a leap it is from current gen 512 ram to 8gb DDR5 aswell just for starters there's a huge jump and when the first party studios use it to its full potential it will no dout put the wii u to shame. Don't get me wrong wii u is a massive step up from the wii but until wee see some first party games such as say zelda for wii u and say uncharted for ps4 and have something to really compare we can't really say.

End of the day no matter how powerful of a system you have games will only look as good as the people making them can get/ want them to.

But going by specs ps4 outdoes the wii u and no1 can deny that.

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Well, its pretty obvious its a more powerful system. But, this has been blatantly expected for a while now.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Lets wait for naughty dogs game and Retro's game then compare.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#38 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

Well, Playstation wouldn't exist without Nintendo anyway...

#39 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

Nothing in the conference "blew me away" per se, although it's hard not to be impressed by it.

I can't help but get the feeling that trailer for 'Deep Under' is a CGI rendition.
Looks way too sophisticated for a something made by CAPCOM in terms of visuals.

Killzone however, without a doubt is console rendered. It became obvious during the action parts of the footage. (Funny enough).

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#40 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

YOu are kidding, the final game looked better then the trailers in the case of both Killzone 2 and 3.

In all fairness, I don't think any Killzone game has yet to live up to the original pre-rendered K2 trailer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!