Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

Just before Sony's E3 press conference, analyst Michael "Frog Touch" Pachter predicted a practical no-show for the PS Vita. He wasn't too wrong about that, either. The analyst went further than that, however, declaring the system dead. 

"Sure there will be the occasional game, but the market's dominated by smartphones, 3DS, Vita's too hardcore," he told GameTrailers. "Sony will try to revitalize Vita, but it'll fall flat."

Pachter also said Sony's desire to have the PS Vita work as a companion device to the PlayStation 4 will fail, stating that while Sony may want that, he doesn't think it matters, advising users to "just buy an extra controller" if they want multiplayer experiences, and writing the system off as a "gimmick."

"Nobody cares about playing the Vita on a train," he declared. 

There's no denying Sony disappointed with its PS Vita efforts on Tuesday, delivering little more than the same vague promises we've been hearing for over a year. I want to believe Sony's more dedicated to the handheld, but until I see proof, I'm not biting. I fear instead, Sony will just believe its ability to stream PS4 games will be enough of a library and leave it at that. Hope I'm wrong.

The Vita may not have much games yet but he ignored everything they said at Sony's conference IMO. Your thoughts?

Source:http://www.destructo...ad-256129.phtml

Signature_DK.png

#2 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

I thought it was common knowledge that Pachter was an attention wh.or.e, he gets all his attention with shock value and obsurdity.... such as when he stated "Wii U is a crappy product that nobody wants". Yep, his exact words. 

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

The Vita is not dead. But it might be if things don't pick up within the next year or two.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

I don't think anybody needed Pachter to tell us this...

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Wow, Pachter does one of two things when he predicts 1. State an absurd guess with no info to back it and often bashes a company; of number 2, as evident here, states the blatantly obvious.
We know the Vita is dead, the number of games worth buying for it can be counted on one hand. That is bad. And it has been out for a year an a half now, with no support for the next year. I wouldn't be surprised. If Sony stopped production o it next year.

Edited by BanjoKazooie, 14 June 2013 - 04:51 AM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

Did you realize this is Patcher's wife?

sylviabrowne.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

Poor Vita. :/ I've given up hope for it. It had a lot of potential.

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

Killzone Mercenary will be it's last hope: if that doesn't take off, then I don't know what will (except an original Metal Gear Solid, as that series has a tendency of saving Sony Systems)

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

Sony has so many studios and so much 3rd party influence, yet none of that makes games appear on the system.

Wii U might be doing bad, but we know it`s best times are just ahead. With Vita no one can say the same. I`m beginning to think Vita will suffer a worse fate than GC did.

#10 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

PSvita is dead NOW, but it can be revived; meaning it has a lot of potential.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#11 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

sylviabrowne.jpg

is that.....LAURA?!

bb0.gif

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

is that.....LAURA?!

No Sylvia Browne.. fraud.. err I mean Psychic! LOL. not his wife but just a joke. 

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

The Vita is not dead. But it might be if things don't pick up within the next year or two.

This has been said since E3 2012, TGS 2012, ComicCon 2012, etc. The Vita is as good as dead, it's  being used as an accessory for the PS4. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

sylviabrowne.jpg

and? What? You're making personal attacks against his family because of what he said? that is immature and inappropriate.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

PSVita is hurting at the moment, quite badly actally, I hope things pick up for the system but if they don't then I think Sony will have to consider a price drop or just drop it completely.

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

and? What? You're making personal attacks against his family because of what he said? that is immature and inappropriate.

LOL, hold your horses if you have them. Obviously you do not understand.

I was making fun of Patcher's claims as though he always seems to be able to "predict the future" with this articles. So then I posted a picture of Sylvia Browne saying it was his wife because they both apparently can "see into the future" .

Sylvia is a "psyhic" who has been in the news recently because she claimed to the parents of a missing girl that their daughter was dead... yet was found alive about a month ago.

Don't forget to look both ways before crossing traffic  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sorceror12, 14 June 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#17 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

I've honestly been wondering if Sony actually cares about the Vita.  It always felt like they weren't really sure what to do with it. 

Their audience is the type to prefer console gaming and already owns a PS3, so if the vita game was the exact same, they had little reason to buy it.  If it utilized a bunch of touch controls people would write it off as a "casual" game or complain that they should have used normal controls.  "Console gaming on the go" means very little if you have a console and don't spend much free time outside of your house.

The vita has gotten a ton of just so-so ports, with only a few games being gems.

The price has been an issue, they need to lower it or include a nice memory card in the west.

In Japan at least, the killing blow was Nintendo getting Monster Hunter, the primary reason the PSP sold so well there.

It honestly feels like they are just throwing things at it and hoping it will sell.

#18 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

I wish the media would declare Pachter dead.  The guy is actually a bigger hack than Skip Bayliss and that is saying a lot.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#19 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

As i said before, someone needs to punch him in the face.

#20 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

yeah but the vita is dead... sony is just acting like it isn't, as Rod Serling said, it is being used as a controller for the PS4...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!