Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

I really really wanted the Vita to do well, I feel like I wasted money on mine. It's pretty much going through what the PSP went through, having no games worth owning in it's first few years. It took a while to get some good games but it got them. I own a bunch of good PSP games. It may take awhile but I think the Vita can make a turn around (well I desperately hope so). It does need a price cut though primarily the memory cards. 

#22 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

This has been said since E3 2012, TGS 2012, ComicCon 2012, etc. The Vita is as good as dead, it's  being used as an accessory for the PS4. 

I know how much it has been said, and I never really liked the console. It's still the truth, though, it is possible that the Vita may pick up again.

Whether Sony will bother to help it pick up is a whole other question. I doubt they will be able to, they might not even try.

Edited by R00bot, 14 June 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#23 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

The problem is, Sony decided to make a handheld console simply too powerful. Its state is ambiguous, and thats why people didnt hype it.
Posted Image

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Wow, Pachter does one of two things when he predicts 1. State an absurd guess with no info to back it and often bashes a company; of number 2, as evident here, states the blatantly obvious.
We know the Vita is dead, the number of games worth buying for it can be counted on one hand. That is bad. And it has been out for a year an a half now, with no support for the next year. I wouldn't be surprised. If Sony stopped production o it next year.

Absolute rubbish. There may not be many games you like on the Vita but that doesn't mean quality games don't exist. There are far more quality games for it then can be counted on one hand and certainly far more quality games for it then the 3DS. It certainly is not dead. Admittedly its not doing as well as it should be but its still alive.

I've honestly been wondering if Sony actually cares about the Vita.  It always felt like they weren't really sure what to do with it. 

Their audience is the type to prefer console gaming and already owns a PS3, so if the vita game was the exact same, they had little reason to buy it.  If it utilized a bunch of touch controls people would write it off as a "casual" game or complain that they should have used normal controls.  "Console gaming on the go" means very little if you have a console and don't spend much free time outside of your house.

The vita has gotten a ton of just so-so ports, with only a few games being gems.
The price has been an issue, they need to lower it or include a nice memory card in the west.
In Japan at least, the killing blow was Nintendo getting Monster Hunter, the primary reason the PSP sold so well there.

It honestly feels like they are just throwing things at it and hoping it will sell.

I disagree. There have been a few ports but most have been sequels to existing franchises or new IP's and most are quality games.

PSvita is dead NOW, but it can be revived; meaning it has a lot of potential.

Its not dead.

This has been said since E3 2012, TGS 2012, ComicCon 2012, etc. The Vita is as good as dead, it's  being used as an accessory for the PS4.

No its not dead.

yeah but the vita is dead... sony is just acting like it isn't, as Rod Serling said, it is being used as a controller for the PS4...

Its not dead.

#25 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

Absolute rubbish. There may not be many games you like on the Vita but that doesn't mean quality games don't exist. There are far more quality games for it then can be counted on one hand and certainly far more quality games for it then the 3DS. It certainly is not dead. Admittedly its not doing as well as it should be but its still alive.

I disagree. There have been a few ports but most have been sequels to existing franchises or new IP's and most are quality games.

Its not dead.

No its not dead.

Its not dead.

It is dead. And how can you even say it has more quality games than the 3DS! Post all the games on it that you think are quality, than I will post all 3DS games that have over a 75 on metacritic for the 3DS, I would bet you my list will be longer
  • Doc likes this

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#26 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

There are far more quality games for it then can be counted on one hand and certainly far more quality games for it then the 3DS.

I love my Vita, but that is a very bold statement to make.

#27 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

It is dead. And how can you even say it has more quality games than the 3DS! Post all the games on it that you think are quality, than I will post all 3DS games that have over a 75 on metacritic for the 3DS, I would bet you my list will be longer

First of all its not dead. By your logic the Wii U is also dead. Secondly its got nothing to do with Metacritic. Its a matter of opinion. I own over 25 games on the Vita and the majority are quality games. I only have 7 games on the 3DS because there is very little in terms of quality games on it.

#28 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:04 AM

Well, it is true most Vita games have high quality. In fact, in terms of quality games, the Vita can probably hold it's own. The bad thing is that the devleopers are using it's power to create ports of console games (which is a great thing but not a seller). I love my Vita and 3DS

Vita: Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Hatsune Miku, Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Ragnarok Odyssey, Puddle, Escape Plan, Killzone Mercenary, Unit 13, DJ Max Technicka, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Indie games and some Japan releases

3DS: Super Mario 3D Land, Legend of Zelda 3D, Starfox 64, Pilotwings Resort, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Devil Summoners 2, Monster Hunter 3, Monster Hunter 4, Donkey Kong Country, New Yoshi's Island, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Arkham Blackgate, Street Fighter 4, Link Between Worlds, Dream Team, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart 7.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#29 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

I'm not gonna lie, I forget that the Vita exists because nobody talks about it. It feels dead to me that's for sure.

#30 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

I declare Pachter dead.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

Pachter said the Vitas dead?

Hmm... I need to get a Vita now, its about to make a spectacular comeback.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

First of all its not dead. By your logic the Wii U is also dead. Secondly its got nothing to do with Metacritic. Its a matter of opinion. I own over 25 games on the Vita and the majority are quality games. I only have 7 games on the 3DS because there is very little in terms of quality games on it.

The Wii U has more games announced for it than the Vita does, in terms of AAA quality. The Vita has been out roughly for 16 months and hasn't gotten an AAA tittle that keeps people talking. Sony not acknowledging it for more than a few minutes at E3 should tell you that.Vita rarely gets talk about by Sony, it's all PS4 this! PS4 that or PS3! They are ignoring the system, you can't deny it. Sony's failed to create a proper marketing strategy for this handheld, and now they're sadly paying the price.  Sure the Vita will get a game here and there, but it seems like developers have abandoned it for the 3DS which outsells it at least 4 or 5x in Japan every week. Sony's plan right now its to try and gain interest by it being compatible with the PS4 as an another controller or streaming games PS4 games on it. Like you said it's an matter of opinion, you screaming "It's not dead" is not going to change mine or anyone else's opinions until Sony actually proves they give a damn about the Vita.

Edited by Rod Serling, 15 June 2013 - 06:52 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#33 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Did you realize this is Patcher's wife?

sylviabrowne.jpg

Thanks for the nightmares :blink:

I declare Pachter dead.

He looks like he is.

Signature_DK.png

#34 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Its not dead.

No its not dead.

Its not dead.

Where's your proof?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#35 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

As a vita owner, i do feel like its dead and being ignored. Wii u > vita

i have two games to look forward to this year on vita, Batman arkham and tear away, and thats just not enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!