Photo

Let's Talk IPs!

1st Party New Character

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

Poll: IPs People Want (281 member(s) have cast votes)

If Nintendo were to roll out a totally new 1st or 2nd party IP, what kind of game would most interest you?

1. A Platformer (classic Mario style) (23 votes [8.19%])

Percentage of vote: 8.19%

2. An Adventure Game (like Zelda or Metroid) (105 votes [37.37%])

Percentage of vote: 37.37%

3. A Simulator/Shooter (like Starfox) (12 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

4. A Strategy Game (like Pikmin) (8 votes [2.85%])

Percentage of vote: 2.85%

5. An RPG (like Golden Sun) (64 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

6. An FPS/Shooter (like GoldenEye or, arguably, Metroid Prime) (39 votes [13.88%])

Percentage of vote: 13.88%

7. Other (like all the great genre defying games I don't have the presence of mind to mention) (30 votes [10.68%])

Percentage of vote: 10.68%

What kind of tone are you wanting from a new IP?

1. Super Casual/Party Game (Mii Games) (6 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

2. Fun/Lighthearted (Mario Galaxy) (37 votes [13.17%])

Percentage of vote: 13.17%

3. Dramatic/Slightly Intense (Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime) (128 votes [45.55%])

Percentage of vote: 45.55%

4. Serious, Intense/Dark (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)) (53 votes [18.86%])

Percentage of vote: 18.86%

5. Dark/Scary, Intense and Violent (Resident Evil, Dead Space, Etc.) (34 votes [12.10%])

Percentage of vote: 12.10%

6. Other (hey, I don't want to put you in a box) (23 votes [8.19%])

Percentage of vote: 8.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

I want some adventure thats just brutally intense i want Nintendo to step out of their comfort zone and make something that is scary but not too scary that it will turn away the masses

#142 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

i want a yoshi 3D platformer, with NO mario, i am sick of seeing the same dang fat plumber in every game,,,,

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#143 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I would love an RPGS with more serious characters like Metroid and Zelda type characters.

#144 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

I want some adventure thats just brutally intense i want Nintendo to step out of their comfort zone and make something that is scary but not too scary that it will turn away the masses

Luigi's Mansion U.
Posted Image

#145 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Luigi's Mansion U.
Posted Image

LOL.... no something a bit more brutal than Luigi's Mansion but not necessarily as brutal as Manhunt

#146 Detchibe

Detchibe

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

I'd love to see the Wii U launch with a new epic RPG. A little more on the traditional side, but with some innovation with the tablet. (I miss the good old jrpg days...)

It won't be a launch title, but Monolith Soft are in the midst of developing an RPG for the Wii U and 3DS. I have a feeling that it's going to be absolutely epic, especially if Takahashi is involved.

Monolith have already expressed interest in taking advantage of the Wii U tablet controller, too, so it sounds like they're gonna have a blast coming up with ideas using their new development tools. Really can't wait.

Edited by Detchibe, 20 June 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#147 Edrick

Edrick

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nearly all Nintendo franchises

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

It'd be interesting to see for Nintendo to create a game with dark tone. I know it is not their forte, but they manage to pull it off well in certain games like Majora's Mask. The type of setting I think would work best is in either an RPG or an action/adventure.

#148 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

You're not in what I believe is a minority. I too would like to see the kinds of games you described being on the Wii u, but I do not want Nintendo to sacrifice true enjoyment in the name of making a game more "mature." Nintendo needs to bring back franchises that we haven't seen in awhile, and make their stories more interesting to appeal to "core" gamers, while pleasing fans. For instance... a chrono trigger/cross sequel with the same great RPG play, but writing that pulls the player into the story. Too often, "immersion" is defined by high res graphics or gimmicky controls. And now I am officially off topic. :)
Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

#149 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

a japanese rpg would be nice... it's been too long since I played a good one... The screen could be the best enhancer for this genre
urhhh.. potatoes?

#150 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

What's an IP??? Wtf

Yeah IP is intellectual property. In games development you kind of have a couple of routes to go down you use a license (such as the Bond movie, or a UEFA sports game, which is licensed IP). Or you can use existing IP that the games company has already created and used sucessfully (e.g. Sega's Virtual Fighter series uses exiting IP), or you create new IP. And creating new IP is the hardest, its creating something from scratch, original thinking that hasn't been done before, and that catches on and is popular. When Halo game around that was new original IP.

You can also say a particular games company has a portfolio of IP such as Nintendo who has Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Zelda, etc.

I think when people talk about IP in games they are mainly talking about the characters and the artistry associated with those characters.

Posted Image

#151 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

i want Nintendo to develop something that can make its way as anther hugely popular thing, to be more specific i want a game like a massive action RPG of some sorts, it could be a new Zelda game that is HUGE, or a brand new property. Maybe something based in reality a bit more than other games that they produce. An idea that it could be is a Sci-Fi action adventure RPG that is a combination of something like Skyrim, and Metroid or Zone of the Enders.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#152 misswaichingliu81

misswaichingliu81

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    all nintendo & virtua fighter

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

i'd like nintendo to try their hand with the 3D fighting game. they've just about made games for every genre but for the fighting game. smash bros can be considered as a fighting game but it uses nintendo characters from different franchises.

this one is using new characters/fighters similar to tekken, virtua fighter.

#153 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

I feel like most nintendo IP have been cartoony and i want something darker like a heavy rain game or something like gears of war 3 or anything that is dark maybe a cartoony RPG with jokes that would go over kids heads but mature gamers would understand and would reference alot of other nintendo IPS lie maybe when you get certain items the zelda music comes on or maybe you encounter a plumber helping a dansel in distress or something like that

#154 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

Yeah IP is intellectual property. In games development you kind of have a couple of routes to go down you use a license (such as the Bond movie, or a UEFA sports game, which is licensed IP). Or you can use existing IP that the games company has already created and used sucessfully (e.g. Sega's Virtual Fighter series uses exiting IP), or you create new IP. And creating new IP is the hardest, its creating something from scratch, original thinking that hasn't been done before, and that catches on and is popular. When Halo game around that was new original IP.

You can also say a particular games company has a portfolio of IP such as Nintendo who has Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Zelda, etc.

I think when people talk about IP in games they are mainly talking about the characters and the artistry associated with those characters.

New IP's are easy.
Look at PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

imo nintendo don't need any more new ip's. They have hundreds already, what they need to do is re-direct some of them, or reboot them if they have a story.

Edited by Nollog, 08 July 2012 - 04:24 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#155 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'm hoping for a Mother/Earthbound collection. While it is unlikely because of copyright issues, maybe the creator and Nintendo could sort things out? The reason why Earthbound hasn't been rereleased is because of the fact that things need to be changed and the creator doesn't want that. If possible, the game would include Mother 1 ( Earthbound Zero), Mother 2 ( Earthbound) and Mother 3 ( Earthbound 2). Along with bonus features, it would be in the vein on the Kirby Collection. I feel that for every Nintendo anniversary, they should release a collection of the series's games up until the N64 games, unless on the Wii U they want to start releasing Gamecube games.

#156 kaizo9gari

kaizo9gari

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

I want moar JRPG being localized or developed by Nintendo, and a racing/driving simulator like GT or Forza would be awesome.

I'm hoping for a Mother/Earthbound collection.

I would love for this to happen, or at least revive the franchise

#157 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

I feel like most nintendo IP have been cartoony and i want something darker like a heavy rain game or something like gears of war 3 or anything that is dark

:coughEternalDarknesscough:

I'd personally love if Nintendo could get the rights to Banjo Kazooie. Then my life'd be complete.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#158 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

:coughEternalDarknesscough:

I'd personally love if Nintendo could get the rights to Banjo Kazooie. Then my life'd be complete.

that game was coming out but im pretty sure nintendo cancelled it for some reason
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=477741

#159 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

that game was coming out but im pretty sure nintendo cancelled it for some reason
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=477741

Rumors aren't fact. 'eck, we don't even know if the game was coming out in the first place.

That, and I doubt Nintendo would give it to Silicon Knights of all people. They've been going down the tubes lately.

Edited by GameCollector, 20 July 2012 - 08:16 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#160 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

It would be cool to have an FPS that was set in Medieval times where you use a crossbow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1st Party New, Character

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!