Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

Whatever gameplay concept they may utilise it'll no doubt be centred around the Wii U GamePad.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#22 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Totally agree. My wife and I thought because of motion controls SS was the worst Zelda game we have played(after having played all of them). If they do have motion controls they need to support traditional controls via gamepad pro controller

I can understand if you don't think it's the best Zelda game, but their is no way it's worse than the CDi games, or links adventure, or wind waker. But personally I think it's by far the best

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#23 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

Some of these comments make me want to rage but, sigh... motion controls are good for some people(like me) but hated by others. But there is a solution, there is a way to have Skyward Sword accurate sword controls without motion controls. Look at the Wii U Gamepad for a second, with the 2 joysticks instead of one being camera and the other being able to move, how about the one on the left is used for Link to move but the stick on the right is your sword. If your confused look at the joysticks they can move 360 degrees around so let's say wherever you move the stick you also move your sword, which means that your sword also has accurate 360 degree motion. So could do a soft roll on the joystick to move your sword or a flick to slash. This leaves the L, R, ZL, and ZR buttons open for options like the camera and shield. Then the touch screen could be your inventory, a first person view, a copy of what's on the screen, or something completely different.

I can understand if you don't think it's the best Zelda game, but their is no way it's worse than the CDi games, or links adventure, or wind waker. But personally I think it's by far the best

Take that back about wind waker, TAKE IT BACK!

#24 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

Take that back about wind waker, TAKE IT BACK!

no, wind waker disappointed me more than my parents forgetting my 5th birthday. I could not stand the art style and the courses were to short and the game was way too easy. The only good part was the overworld, which still was actually smaller than OoT because most of it was just boring annoying ocean travel.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#25 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

I would love it to have both methods of control! I love the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo and I can't think of Zelda without it like you. :)

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#26 Mensrea

Mensrea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid,Zelda ,Pikmin ,Resistance

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

It was released towards the end of the wii life span, and everyone's wii was in their closet in a box, so no one even played it any more. Although it was the best Zelda game ever no doubt.Motion controls is the reason skyward sword IS the best Zelda game, and I agree TP Motion controls sucked, but they completely nailed it with skyward sword, it was so simple and easy to get a hang of. OoT was outright amazing for its time and still today, but SS is IMO 20X better

Oh I agree that the motion controls for skyward were amazing, but skyward was not the best zelda game. No exploration kills it for me. When I think about it, skyward sword was a great experiment, but I don't think we need more than one motion controlled zelda.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

#27 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

I think they need to make the motion controls infinitely more accurate. As much as I love Skyward Sword, I had trouble when I tried to fake out enemies by moving my sword one way trying to attack another. I would prefer them to switch back to button combat. Or they could just scale back enemy intelligence to a point where it is possible to win without the motion controls being a hindrance to killing them.

Haha, the enemies were dead easy in SS. In fact, my 7-year old son beat the crap out of all the bosses and could take the 10-in-a-row challenge at the dragon with no problems at all.

My opinion on the motion controls in this game is that it made the fights a lot of fun instead of just mashing a button. However, the fights aren't everything in the game, and it would have been a great game without the motion controls also. As everybody else, I just hated Fi spoiling the puzzles and stating the obvious all the time, and the linearity of the game, and the unability to skip tedious dialogues. But motion controls - it was a nice touch, but not essential.

#28 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

Haha, the enemies were dead easy in SS. In fact, my 7-year old son beat the crap out of all the bosses and could take the 10-in-a-row challenge at the dragon with no problems at all.

My opinion on the motion controls in this game is that it made the fights a lot of fun instead of just mashing a button. However, the fights aren't everything in the game, and it would have been a great game without the motion controls also. As everybody else, I just hated Fi spoiling the puzzles and stating the obvious all the time, and the linearity of the game, and the unability to skip tedious dialogues. But motion controls - it was a nice touch, but not essential.

Did he also just shake the contoller as fast as he could? I could have done that too, and would have won, but decided to actually play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#29 RnR

RnR

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

It looks like the younger people loved the motion controls and the older people couldn't stand them

Posted Image

"Please remember, I'll dismember any member."
The "Help RnR Get a New 360" Fund was a complete success. Thank you all for the support.
Now I am starting the "Help RnR Get Recording Equipment" Fund, anything helps!
Current Amount of Donations: $0

#30 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

I would prefer no motion controls, but if it did have them, they would have to be practically functional, and not just gimmicky nonsense.
Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

#31 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

I could be okay with or without motion controls, especially if they are optional.

While I enjoyed Syward Sword, I think there is still a long way to go with that motion sensing technology. I found the Wii Remote Plus to be too sensitive and I don't like how I had to readjust it more often than I care to. The interface needs work (like selecting items), but beyond that I think the controls are fine. I think the option to play the "classic" way would be good too. Gives gamers who don't care for the motion controls the chance to enjoy the game with everyone else.

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

yes please.

It will bo Sssssoooooo dissapointing to go back go traditional controls.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

well aonuma originally said they will use motion controlls again, but recently they talked about people who complained and how to satisfy both

well aonuma originally said they will use motion controlls again, but recently they talked about people who complained and how to satisfy both

Yeah he said that the Zelda franchise evolved and that there's no way it could return to the way it was before. That means there will definitely be motion control AND the gamepad. My only concern is that they make both ways to play worth it, which could be hard because the Wii U controller has way more buttons. I guess the game will be deeper (gameplay wise) than ever before. I hope they could make the motion controls match the GamePad version.
Posted Image

#34 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Yeah he said that the Zelda franchise evolved and that there's no way it could return to the way it was before. That means there will definitely be motion control AND the gamepad. My only concern is that they make both ways to play worth it, which could be hard because the Wii U controller has way more buttons. I guess the game will be deeper (gameplay wise) than ever before. I hope they could make the motion controls match the GamePad version.

agreed, but i think the solution is simple, use motion plus like skyward, and for those who use the gamepad, allow them to do sword attacks with the right analogue stick, that way they can move the analogue stick to slice in certain directions without using a button to attack at all. was that clear?
Posted Image

#35 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

agreed, but i think the solution is simple, use motion plus like skyward, and for those who use the gamepad, allow them to do sword attacks with the right analogue stick, that way they can move the analogue stick to slice in certain directions without using a button to attack at all. was that clear?

Finally! Someone mentions my idea. You sir get an A+

#36 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

the motion controls were great, but honestly the wii u zelda should take advantage of the gamepad instead of older technology.

It looks like the younger people loved the motion controls and the older people couldn't stand them

lol what does that have to do with anything. motion controls are loved by everyone if done right, like ss

Signature_Fox.png

#37 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

LOL yeah crystal clear. That's an awesome idea! There's no problem since Zelda is not a game where you have to change the camera angle at all (I never did in any previous game), leaving the second analog free for this. And I guess that clicking the analog stick would make link stab his opponent.
Posted Image

#38 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Motion controls were absolutely fantastic in Skyward Sword. That's not what made it a good game, though.

Nintendo shouldn't really make any Wii U games that require a Wii remote. If anything, they should do both or just gamepad.

Some of these comments make me want to rage but, sigh... motion controls are good for some people(like me) but hated by others. But there is a solution, there is a way to have Skyward Sword accurate sword controls without motion controls. Look at the Wii U Gamepad for a second, with the 2 joysticks instead of one being camera and the other being able to move, how about the one on the left is used for Link to move but the stick on the right is your sword. If your confused look at the joysticks they can move 360 degrees around so let's say wherever you move the stick you also move your sword, which means that your sword also has accurate 360 degree motion. So could do a soft roll on the joystick to move your sword or a flick to slash. This leaves the L, R, ZL, and ZR buttons open for options like the camera and shield. Then the touch screen could be your inventory, a first person view, a copy of what's on the screen, or something completely different.

Or, you know, you could slash people using the touch screen.

Edited by Jakester897, 18 August 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#39 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

Did he also just shake the contoller as fast as he could? I could have done that too, and would have won, but decided to actually play the game the way it was meant to be played.

No, he played it properly, and so did I. Anyway, I can see that my post is a bit insulting, sorry for that. As I said, I liked the motion controls, it made the fights more interesting, but I can understand if it wasn't for everybody. It's not your fault if you found it difficult.

#40 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

As much as i enjoyed the motion controls in SS i think it would be a bad idea to put it in the next zelda because the world would have to be designed around the motion controls as they did with SS in order to stop the game from becoming a waggle fest.

NOBODY SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT WINDWAKER, IT HAD ONE OF THE BEST GAME DESIGNS EVER.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zelda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!