#1 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Sadly this game got delayed a long time ago. But no gameplay footage has been showed and it's been over a year. I understand how kid icarus uprising got in the way but I mean they should at least have some footage. I think it could've been canceled siltently.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#2 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

... I really doubt they'd cancel SSB, for numerous reasons. (Well received, moves consoles for both "core" and "casual" audiences). You have to remember they revealed SSB before they began to work on it. So at this point, I doubt there's much to show off at all.
Posted Image

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

not cancelled... all im gonna say

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

What?

SSBU started development in February, shortly after Kid Icarus went golden. Nintendo has always been secretive with their games, they only leak details when it's close to E3 or an important Nintendo Direct. We'll probably see a trailer next year at E3 and it'll probably be playable at E3 the following year. That's how Smash games work, they take years to develop, Sakurai is practically a perfectionist, he wants his games to be excellent.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#6 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

It was never delayed in the first place. A game takes a long time to develop and market, especially when you're making two of them at once. I wouldn't expect news anytime soon, and the release date will probably anywhere between 2014-2016.

#7 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

There's no gameplay footage because there isn't anything worthy to show yet I'd imagine. They probably have blueprints, concept art, and storyboarding, but none of that is necessarily something you want to show right away as they are just drafts; they can easily change their mind about what they will do with the game. If they haven't shown anything, it just means they are still brainstorming on what should be done for the game.

#8 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Yeah, it is canceled. Smash Bros just hasn't been profitable since the first one. They just want the series to end, and thus Brawl was the last one.

:(

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Nintendo_0dba23_1248541.jpg

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

....... do you even realize how long it takes to make a smash brothers game?

wa3Nq7j.png

#11 Hardcore Brawler

Hardcore Brawler

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Punch Out!, Metroid, Zelda, more

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, it is canceled. Smash Bros just hasn't been profitable since the first one. They just want the series to end, and thus Brawl was the last one.

"The brawl to end them all." :P

Edited by Hardcore Brawler, 04 November 2012 - 11:48 AM.

Posted Image

by Cerberuz

My Wii U games wishlist:
Disaster 2 - F-Zero U - Eternal Darkness 2 - Madworld 2 - Beyond Good and Evil 2 (Wii U version)

#12 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

I'm pretty sure they WILL show a trailer for the game at E3 2013. Considering it only took them 7 months of development before showing a trailer for Brawl.

#13 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

LAUGH MY A** OFF.

This isn't CoD, they're not just going to copy and paste Smash Bros Brawl and then put a 4 on there instead of Brawl. Oh my gosh, this made me laugh.

It takes time and effort to create such games like SSB. Hence why there's only been 3 MADE so far. One for N64, one for GC, and one for Wii. And in about a couple years, there will be one for 3DS and Wii U.

Besides we're likely going to get a trailer at E3 2013. Because it was announced there was going to be a new SSB for 3DS/WiiU, and they didn't show any thing about the game this E3, which is not surprising.

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

I don't mean to hurt your feelings... But this is the most absurd assumption I have ever seen on this forum. It's not canceled, it just began development and they don't have much to show yet!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

troll

#16 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Will someboy just...

lock it.

Will someboy just...

lock it.

This topic.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

I went crazy, then understood that it was a sarcasm work of art! Good job LOL.

Edited by Alianjaro, 04 November 2012 - 12:14 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

There's no source, just assumption, I assume u posted this because your as angry as I am about the little info we have received so far!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Sadly this game got delayed a long time ago. But no gameplay footage has been showed and it's been over a year. I understand how kid icarus uprising got in the way but I mean they should at least have some footage. I think it could've been canceled siltently.

I'm sure there's been enough name-calling of you by others already, so I'll try to reason with you.

Development started about 6 months ago.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

no..., that's all I'm gonna say.