#21 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

What they should do is cut the price of the 3DS:XL. It makes no sense for it to be $200.00 when for $100.00 more you could buy the Wii U console which is far more superior. However, if they do intend to keep that price then they should make 3DS games playable on the Wii U for the people that don't want to fork out another $200.00 dollars on a over priced handheld. In fact, the game pad should have supported 3D to begin with. Sure it maybe gimmicky for some, but it would have been the icing on the cake. It wouldn't hurt 3DS sales either because if people wanted a cheaper alternative to playing games in 3D they could always turn to the handheld. Especially, if they dropped the price.

#22 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

No, the idea would be that the 3DS Player would be an attachment for the Wii U that you would insert your 3DS game card into, just like the Super Game Boy and Game Boy Player peripherals for SNES and GameCube, respectively. No streaming required.

I specifically said in the original post that the Wii U would be picking up some kind of wireless signal, not playing the game directly.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#23 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

I understand Jakester897, but I'm saying that the person wouldn't need to buy a 3DS to play the game if Nintendo follows tradition with their Game Boy attachments.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

#24 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

The 3ds is too early in it's life cycle to freely give wii u players that privillage. Maybe in 3-4 years when wii u and 3ds sales start to drop they could do that.

#25 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

I'm thinking 3DS functionality could happen with wireless streaming, as Jakester mentioned. Of course, it would require a Wii U and wouldn't just be a TV out function for the 3DS. Then again, Nintendo might decide to be nice and give us a sort of player attachment. In all likelihood, they could sell the player at a huge margin. A player for $49.99 would easily cost under $5 to make given that all the software and processing power is in the Wii U itself. The player would simply be a 3DS cart card reader. And we all know how cheap it is to make an SDcard reader.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3DS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!