#1 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

On a rating 1-10, how good is the Wii u.

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

BETTER THAN REGGIE

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

I give it 10 out of 10 - even with the minor issues...I know Nintendo will fix them. The Wii U is awesome and has an untold amount of potential in the future. Just as all the systems before it - until we see games being developed on next gen engines - we won't see what the system is fully capable of !
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

it is def a great system with loads of potential
Posted Image

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

I give it 10 out of 10 - even with the minor issues...I know Nintendo will fix them. The Wii U is awesome and has an untold amount of potential in the future. Just as all the systems before it - until we see games being developed on next gen engines - we won't see what the system is fully capable of !

Pssshhhh look at this fanboy... cant trust this review as far as you can throw it :P

Jk i actually feel the exact same way but typing the exact same post or quoting it and saying "this^^" would be boring

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Eh...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=xfbYgt_cffU

But actually I'd say more of a 9 at this point. It's got the games, the graphics, the apps, and the awesome controller. But once they update the console to bring Nintendo Tvii and fix the freezing glitches, it's a 10 out of 10.

Edited by Firejonie, 25 November 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#8 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Letting go of my Nintendo fan boyism, and looking at it objectively I'd give it a 8.5-9. It has it's issues, but it's still a great system.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#9 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

lol 10/10 obvious fanboy.

That would mean no problems at ALL.

28gxdv8.png

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Its really good. Liek, reaaaall good. Gooder than the Virtual Boy.

Edited by Blake, 25 November 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#11 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Purty GOOD!

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Absolutely awful. Worst console since the N64. I hate it. The Controller is bloody sticky and the touchscreen is horrible. The graphics are even worse than the NESes. I hope Nintendo go bankrupt.

​ PSYCH!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Pssshhhh look at this fanboy... cant trust this review as far as you can throw it :P

Jk i actually feel the exact same way but typing the exact same post or quoting it and saying "this^^" would be boring

lol mitch - your a dork - and remember all this comes from a lifelong Sega fanboy :)
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

An imaganary 100 out of 10, seeming as I don't have one yet.

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

A 9.
Still a few lil bugs n coding to be work out. But its a great system.
Hopfully Nintendo keeps updates rolling.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

On a rating 1-10, how good is the Wii u.

I would say 5-6. Controllers are huge so some people may never adjust & the bloody things are expensive controllers so no sharing. (XD)(Before anyone says it, yeah other control options, but not on everything. Plus not everyone first getting the system is likely to think of purchasing a pro controller, classic controller, & Wiimote that very instant of game purchase. Not to mention yet again some games do not support all the other control options). The touch screen is fair and quiet responsive, but if I was to compare say my phone or my Vita to this touchscreen I would say their quality would be a little bit better. Not to mention the annoying jump it can do. I have noticed when drawling sometimes if you lightly bump somewhere on the gamepad a line will just appear from your stylus to the place you bumped. Yet other times you bump it trying to recreate said happening to not see the same result. In terms of software for the touchscreen menus, I would say the Wii U is insufficient in a lot of ways. Just the ideal placement of some buttons or methods you have to do in order to complete a task. A few software updates could improve this. A good example of jumping through hopes or just plain silly placement would be the messaging system. If you make a new thread (Post as in fresh and not a reply) per se you will have a log of said post. Yet if you post a reply on someones posted thread your left with no log of your post. The closest thing I could see of said log was in the notifications area in logs of whom posted after you & that is only shown if there are more replies and/or you have said notification options turned on for this specific setting. This honestly seems to me it could be a hassle for a parent to see all the messages their child was writing online or just a problem for one whom is not wishing to follow another user for a single thread.

Menus take a good portion of time to load, & games included. Freezing problems for some in either Miiverse or one of the video streaming applications such as YouTube or Netflix. (Possible software update fixes). One thing I would love to see added in Miiverse would be a "Open Discussion Community" as I travel my way through Miiverse I continue to see post like, "How do I take screenshots", "Add me to your friends list to use Wii U Chat", or "When is Wii U getting this?" all thrown about in every community unrelated to said topics. If they had one main community for off topic stuff unrelated to games I think it would help newer users in the end. Basically, open Miiverse pop into said community to find all the similar related threads to help solve users questions without fiddling through twenty game related issues. As for other communities a nice touch would be a drawling one, so people could draw all the little none game and/or other images in one big place to be found easier or just make the other communities a bit sleeker.

Some games using the gamepad can be a bit annoying in some ways and not all the games have options to change said happenings. That or at least sort of change the outcome at best. A few things that sort of bothered me a little are the following. (All these could be changed by game developers. Only saying they can be annoying or kind of stupid).
1) Gamepad volume can be on to take in sound. Which is great, but this can double the same sound your getting from the television and all happen on single-player games. This also has another effect in some games where the volume of the controller can change the volume of the voices in games. Lowering the output so that other players would have to be closer to you to hear from the gamepad.
2) Gamepad play is sort of forced in some games. While I think the idea of playing from the gamepad is great, I personally think it should be an option turned on manually and/or not on by default. You can be playing say NSMBU and have the game running in both locations at the same time and you're playing solo. Sure this may be great with multiple people if say a split-screen was to apply, but when your not planning on playing through the gamepad the resources used to stream said data to it could be used more sufficiently or not at all.

(Some of you probably knew this was coming, but it had to be said XD). Digital downloads are still silly Nintendo style so content is locked to a console & not an account only. Buying content is a painful experience and will remain so if Nintendo keeps up this crazy business policy to sort of rob people of their purchases. Sort of as in they are, but they are not based on the license agreement. Yet, they are not that up front about it. They sort of hide the license agreement from the ToS and other locations. Heck the guide says that the store is suppose to even list a license agreement ToS on each game, but I have failed to see that on anything as of yet.

Overall, good console with its pros and cons. Yet not perfect in the least & never will be like any other piece of hardware or software. If someone says otherwise, as in it is "Perfect" they are revved up like a deuce. Anyway, good buy if your interested in said games on the platform.

#17 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

7.5/10.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name