#1 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I know It's not a WiiU game, but I've been a Zelda fan my whole life. I did not care for Twilight Princess, its actually my least favorite Zelda game. So since it's been out for quite a while, I figured I'll get some honest opinions.

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

This should be in General Gaming, but it's amazing

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Oops, someone feel free to move this one for me, thanks for the response!

#4 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

It's amazing, despite all the bad press it's gotten post-launch, you can't afford to miss it. One of my favorite games ever, and I've been playing a lot of amazing games recently.

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Skyward Sword is a very flawed game, however if you look at it, forgetting that it's a Zelda game, it's fun enough to play through.

Edited by Mignaga, 15 December 2012 - 06:17 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

POPULAR

I honestly don't understand the hate for this game. I absolutely loved the experience. The atmosphere, motion control gameplay and especially the music really made me fall in love with this game.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

I'll probably pick it up when I can get it for really cheap. Just how I am. :P

2lvmghw.png

#8 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Skyward Sword is a very flawed game, however if you look at it, forgetting that it's a Zelda game, it's fun enough to play through.

What exactly is flawed about the game?

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I my opinion it is the best Zelda game, and I have played them all except the phantom hourglass. The gameplay and story and art style... I love everything about it. I can't think of anything I dislike about it.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#10 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I have never played a Zelda game until Skyward Sword. I thought it was pretty good, maybe 85/100. Best use of motion controls of any game by far. Only bad part I can think of that really bugged me was returning to old area's a lot. Wasn't too bad, but it did get a little repetitive.

#11 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I loved Skyward Sword, its one of my favorite Zelda games. I highly recommend it.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#12 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

What exactly is flawed about the game?

The controls (at least for me they were. I've seen them work in other cases, but not in a lot of them), the over world was too small and required too much backtracking, the temples were really easy, and it just didn't feel like a Zelda game to me. It wasn't bad... Just not great.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#13 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Zelda: Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda game. It's a fresh take on everything and is more advanced. But just because something is my favorite doesn't mean it will be good for everyone...

The game doesn't feel like the same quality as other Zelda games. The motion controls could be better. The puzzles sometimes make you yawn. The story gets dumb.

I was really craving a good Zelda, and I think I finally found it. One even better than this. It's called The Last Story, which I played right after it. Oh wait...

#14 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Absolute trash... the controls are unresponsive and make the game virtually unplayable (attempted to play with 4 different wii motion + controllers) and then the art style choice is absolutely disgusting... Link shouldnt look like a flamer

#15 CNR

CNR

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Your controllers just suck then ^

The motion controls were very good and the overall experience for me was awesome. I am not a total zelda fan like people who posted on here but i think it was a pretty good zelda game even though i've played only about 3-4 different zelda games and never really finished them. I felt so accomplished after beating the *spoiler alert...i guess?* Boss battle mode on hero mode. *puts on black sunglasses* ;)
Posted Image

#16 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

How would you compare it to Twilight Princess?

#17 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Your controllers just suck then ^

I would agree with you if I only tried it with 1 or maybeeee 2 controllers... but since I used 4, and one of them being the zelda wiimote that came with the game and it was still horribly unresponsive; I blame the awful game

#18 CNR

CNR

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hmm compared to twilight prince (which i didnt really play but i watched my brother play through the whole thing...lol) it has an extremely small overworld which was dissappointing since it is a zelda game but in terms of music and gameplay i think it was better although i did have moments where the controller didnt want to get the down to up motion right probably cause i didnt lay it on a flat surface but im not sure but i would also like to mention the colorful look compared to TP's dull but detailed look, the visuals were quite nice i dont get what everybody is complaining about.

I would agree with you if I only tried it with 1 or maybeeee 2 controllers... but since I used 4, and one of them being the zelda wiimote that came with the game and it was still horribly unresponsive; I blame the awful game

Hmm did you lay it on an actual flat surface like a table or did you lay it on an unleveled surface? The black Wii Motion plus that i have got the job done but i did have some problems with the down to up motion sometimes but it was fixed easily by laying it on a flat surface and resetting the controller. Nice signature btw, i got some laughs out of that.

Edited by Oblivion comet, 15 December 2012 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image

#19 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

More people like Twilight Princess. I don't, though.

#20 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

One of if not the best Zelda game ever. I like how u find out how the Master Sword came to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!