#21 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Probably more Metroid, so they can fix what other m screwed...
But if we are allowing wild guessing, i'd love them to make Eternal Darkness 2, really! With the gamepad and the HD graphics, it would be awesome!

​
vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#22 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

What games are Retro Studios known for? We'd be able to make some educated guesses based off of that.

They made the three Metroid Prime games, plus the Trilogy, they made Donkey Kong Country Returns, and they made one new track, and remade all the retro tracks for Mario Kart 7. All their games are considered brilliant, so there is good reason for everyone's excitement.

I'm hoping for Metroid Prime 4.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

IF it's Metroid, I hope it looks like this:

Posted Image

Why do people keep posting this garbage?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Why do people keep posting this garbage?

Because they think grit, rust and water droplets are good graphics.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

I dont even know why this guy decided to do these couple metroid pics. I thought maybe he was a fan or something, but it is made irrevocably clear hes never actually PLAYED metroid by the other pictures he put up. Its like he glanced at a few pictures or watched 30 seconds of a video of prime.

Posted Image

I mean, how is this possible if you even just played one game?

Edited by 3Dude, 02 January 2013 - 08:14 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Posted Image

Magic.

Nothing wrong with metroid taking a new direction what isn't in the prime series.
I don't like any of the metroid games, from 0 to other m.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Magic.
Nothing wrong with metroid taking a new direction what isn't in the prime series.
I don't like any of the metroid games, from 0 to other m.

Ah, thats why you said new direction, you dont play metroid either.

Theres no new direction here, this is literally nothing more than the opening sequence on the orpheon with modern graphics. The artist just doesnt know what samus is. Its like he just glanced at a few screens.

Which is why im confused that they even bothered to do these metroid pics.

Edited by 3Dude, 02 January 2013 - 08:40 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I dont even know why this guy decided to do these couple metroid pics. I thought maybe he was a fan or something, but it is made irrevocably clear hes never actually PLAYED metroid by the other pictures he put up. Its like he glanced at a few pictures or watched 30 seconds of a video of prime.

Posted Image

inception!

​
vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

inception!

lol.

Its actually very very simple whats wrong with the picture. What is probably the biggest main defining feature of samus arans chozo power suit? (hint, its shared with mega man. Now look at samus in this guys render.

On topic related news, retro is hiring software engineers and the requirements are asking for subject matter experts in physics.

The prime series had a fantastic and advanced proprietary physics engine for its time....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Maybe they are starting to get how much fans want to see a Starfox x Metroid game. Although it was debunked a long time ago maybe they will do it because the fans want it.

Signature_DK.png

#31 Stevonidas

Stevonidas

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

No, THIS is what good graphics look like:

Real-time water and fog effects on Samus' visor, however, would be a nice addition to the existing Metroid Prime aesthetic.

To further illustrate my point, for those of you who wish to understand the difference between GRAPHICS and AESTHETICS, I present the following:

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png

#32 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

lol.

Its actually very very simple whats wrong with the picture. What is probably the biggest main defining feature of samus arans chozo power suit? (hint, its shared with mega man. Now look at samus in this guys render.

On topic related news, retro is hiring software engineers and the requirements are asking for subject matter experts in physics.

The prime series had a fantastic and advanced proprietary physics engine for its time....

You're right it looks nothing like a Metroid game. And why the hell is she holding the ball. lmao.

Edited by Soul, 02 January 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

You're right it looks nothing like a Metroid game. And why the hell is she holding the ball. lmao.

I think shes aquiring the power up.

anyways.

More obvious. Like, its so obvious you guys arent even thinking about it because sub conciously you are certain no one would screw this up. Its samus.....

Real-time water and fog effects on Samus' visor, however, would be a nice addition to the existing Metroid Prime aesthetic.

The prime series has had real time fog and water on the visor since the first game.

Edited by 3Dude, 02 January 2013 - 08:22 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

... looks like the guy took 1 look at what metroid prime looks like then made some poor picturs of it, graphics quality is okay but i see alot of issues.

the only thing i can see the series lossing is the doors, maiby, if the game can load map without having to wait for the map behind the door to load. but have occasinaly blocks keeping the way blocked.

#35 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

they left a cliffhanger and hidden messadges suggesting a 4th metroid prime. if they do rape it up then i still want the metroid prime FPS playstile.

i hope not diddykong racing, probly not donkeykong contry game. possibly an actual nintendo competitve multyplayer FPS game, id take a look then probly try it out, but doubtful, and the last 2 failed(golden eye got ported, conduit fell apart at the second 1).

What cliffhanger?
No sig.

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

What cliffhanger?

At the end of mp3 There was a final scene that showed samus's ship being followed by rival hunter Sylux's (a human in stolen prototype federation powered armor, who hates Samus, and happens to be my main in mphunters multi) ship.

Oh, and Im actually quite amused that nobody has figured out whats wrong with samus in the artist render i posted yet.

I think people are going to get a good laugh at how in depth theyve been thinking when they finally see it.

Okay, as I was doing my usual digging to see if any semi still connected to retro members of the prime teams of past might let something slip (a surprising amount of them are on ghub!)

I found one of our our 'wii u metroid prime concept art's... Its dead space 3 concept art, and titled ishimura.

http://cghub.com/images/view/95042/

Fantastic job, yet again 'game journalists' Way to keep your completely worthless records in tact.

It is worth noting, the artist, Rick Kohler, DID breifly work on metroid prime, along with his brother gene Kohler... Rick designed Samus's excellent prime varia suit, and unknown amounts of level geometry and other assets.

The OTHER pictures, are NOT from him. Which makes sense, im pretty sure the guy who designed Samus's character model for a game thats like, one of the biggest deals ever, would forget that Samus' right arm was a freaking cannon and one of the most iconic symbols in gaming, and instead give her a tiny little halo looking space gun.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

I really hope it's a new Metroid, I'd literally wet my pants if they broke that news :o

#38 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

You know, its still a possibility that they are working on something... New? As is, a brand new IP, that would be interesting...

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#39 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

At the end of mp3 There was a final scene that showed samus's ship being followed by rival hunter Sylux's (a human in stolen prototype federation powered armor, who hates Samus, and happens to be my main in mphunters multi) ship.

Oh, and Im actually quite amused that nobody has figured out whats wrong with samus in the artist render i posted yet.

I think people are going to get a good laugh at how in depth theyve been thinking when they finally see it.

Okay, as I was doing my usual digging to see if any semi still connected to retro members of the prime teams of past might let something slip (a surprising amount of them are on ghub!)

I found one of our our 'wii u metroid prime concept art's... Its dead space 3 concept art, and titled ishimura.

http://cghub.com/images/view/95042/

Fantastic job, yet again 'game journalists' Way to keep your completely worthless records in tact.

It is worth noting, the artist, Rick Kohler, DID breifly work on metroid prime, along with his brother gene Kohler... Rick designed Samus's excellent prime varia suit, and unknown amounts of level geometry and other assets.

The OTHER pictures, are NOT from him. Which makes sense, im pretty sure the guy who designed Samus's character model for a game thats like, one of the biggest deals ever, would forget that Samus' right arm was a freaking cannon and one of the most iconic symbols in gaming, and instead give her a tiny little halo looking space gun.

halo lifebar.

the viser doesnt makes more of a box shape instead of a T shape from older games?

no gun.

stuff like useless scaner info.

map design that looks like deadspace

#40 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Its either new Donkey Kong or Metroid. Hopefully 3D Donkey Kong.

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Retro Studios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!