#41 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

At the end of mp3 There was a final scene that showed samus's ship being followed by rival hunter Sylux's (a human in stolen prototype federation powered armor, who hates Samus, and happens to be my main in mphunters multi) ship.

Oh, and Im actually quite amused that nobody has figured out whats wrong with samus in the artist render i posted yet.

I think people are going to get a good laugh at how in depth theyve been thinking when they finally see it.

Okay, as I was doing my usual digging to see if any semi still connected to retro members of the prime teams of past might let something slip (a surprising amount of them are on ghub!)

I found one of our our 'wii u metroid prime concept art's... Its dead space 3 concept art, and titled ishimura.

http://cghub.com/images/view/95042/

Fantastic job, yet again 'game journalists' Way to keep your completely worthless records in tact.

It is worth noting, the artist, Rick Kohler, DID breifly work on metroid prime, along with his brother gene Kohler... Rick designed Samus's excellent prime varia suit, and unknown amounts of level geometry and other assets.

The OTHER pictures, are NOT from him. Which makes sense, im pretty sure the guy who designed Samus's character model for a game thats like, one of the biggest deals ever, would forget that Samus' right arm was a freaking cannon and one of the most iconic symbols in gaming, and instead give her a tiny little halo looking space gun.

I beat the game but I never noticed that cliffhanger. Sylux is the Hunter from MPH right? He used to be my least favourite, but now that I look at him again, he has potential.
No sig.

#42 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

one claim says a metroid prime like game on a planit at war with spacepirates... sounds like a prime game, but not new.

the new thing from the claim that the planit had areas that went back in time, to when chozo where around, and co-op let one player play as a chozo- similar to arbiter in halo3.

#43 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Metroid FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#44 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Its either new Donkey Kong or Metroid. Hopefully 3D Donkey Kong.

I agree wholeheartedly. I loved DK64, and there hasn't been a single 3D Donkey Kong since! If it was a 3D DK, I would die of happiness... xD

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#45 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I am hoping it's a metroid that bring that alien feel back to the game while keeping me feeling isolated and that the planet is alive.

Also just like metroid prime, i'm hoping nintendo show off just how powerfull the wii u really is. beast mode

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Retro Studios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!