Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

http://gengame.net/2...ng-on-a-new-ip/

Just a rumor as of now but it would be a nice change for Nintendo to get a new IP. It's been forever.

Signature_DK.png

#2 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

It hasn't been "forever" since they've had a new IP, NintendoLand is a new IP.  It's been forever since they created a new IP with a campaign.

#3 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

I would still prefer a new addition to the Metroid series,  but who knows? this new game could actually please me. A new franchise that becomes a best-seller as quickly as Pokémon did would be cool. But who knows.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#4 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Its something everyone wants them to do.

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Its something everyone wants them to do.

And a lot of people want Nintendo to make a new IP.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

It hasn't been "forever" since they've had a new IP, NintendoLand is a new IP.  It's been forever since they created a new IP with a campaign.

You can argue that NintendoLand Crashmo, Mii Series are all new ips ect. But honestly, I don't think thats what people want when they ask for a new IP. They mean something to the size of Zelda or Mario. They mean something that could eventually become a major franchise. The last one we've got was Pikmin.

Edited by Colinx, 29 May 2013 - 10:58 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

I wouldn't actually mind a new IP, as long as it isn't a shooter.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

You can argue that NintendoLand Crashmo, Mii Series are all new ips ect. But honestly, I don't think thats what people want when they ask for a new IP. They mean something to the size of Zelda or Mario. They mean something that could eventually become a major franchise. The last one we've got was Pikmin.

Here's why I think it will be a new IP.

Remember all of the rumors?  100YOG "Something everyone wants them to make" The only thing EVERYONE wants them to make is a new IP

The GAF poster? "Something no one thought they had the balls to make" is a new IP, this is Nintendo after all.

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Here's why I think it will be a new IP.

Remember all of the rumors?  100YOG "Something everyone wants them to make" The only thing EVERYONE wants them to make is a new IP

The GAF poster? "Something no one thought they had the balls to make" is a new IP, this is Nintendo after all.

You never know, they could come out and surprise us. I'm very skeptical on this. Could be Metroid, could be Star Fox, could be a new IP and the one with the lowest chance is probably FZERO.

2lvmghw.png

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

You never know, they could come out and surprise us. I'm very skeptical on this. Could be Metroid, could be Star Fox, could be a new IP and the one with the lowest chance is probably FZERO.

I have a feeling that Shin'en are either working on FZero or something like it that will be Nintendo exclusive.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I wouldn't actually mind a new IP, as long as it isn't a shooter.

I would actually still buy it. What else could it be?
Platformers enough at Nintendo. There's strategy franchises. There's action/adventure franchises. There's a race sub-franchise. They have a puzzle sub-franchise. They have nearly everything... but shooters. No, Metroid Prime is NOT a shooter IMO, it's an action-adventure game.

I doubt it will be a millitairy COD-esque shooter, but something that's hard-core and mature looking will surely appeal to a lot of people. And something like that is needed to bring variety to the Wii U library.

No sig.

#12 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Sonic X Megaman should have a spinoff game

#13 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

I don't see the internet blowing up for Retro Studios to make StarTropics or StarFox, it's Metroid Prime 4 who are they kidding?

They might be making a second project, I'll say that one is the new IP.

#14 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Sonic X Megaman should have a spinoff game

Nintendo or Sega should buy Megaman.

Edited by Rose Red, 29 May 2013 - 12:06 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Nintendo is a New IP, but all it is is a collaboration of old IPs. The last good new IP by Nintendo was Pikmin, 10 years ago.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'm still hoping for a first person Metroid from Retro.

#17 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Nintendo is a New IP, but all it is is a collaboration of old IPs. The last good new IP by Nintendo was Pikmin, 10 years ago.

Unless you count WiiFit, but that isn't really a gamers' game.  Or Wii Sports, which also got its own sequel.  WiiPlay.  Endless Ocean. Flingsmash, etc.  There were new IP's, just not the IP that everyone wants them to make.  Interestingly, though, they acquired the Fire Emblem series and Xeno, which have delivered.

Most people want them to make a "mature" photorealistic game.  I doubt it will be rated mature and I doubt it will be "photorealistic" but I do think it will look spectacular and will definitely turn heads, whatever it is.

#18 Aquarhane

Aquarhane

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

I would rather see something new, if true can't wait to see what it is.

#19 Elem187

Elem187

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Any and all rumors regarding anything Nintendo are complete bunk.. Nobody locks down information tighter than Nintendo.

Sony/Microsoft might like to intentionally leak information, but Nintendo tends to hold on to everything so they can drop bombs at a moments notice.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Xenoblade and pandoras tower say hello.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Retro Studios, IP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!