CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Right. So, it's time to talk about it.

According to what i've heard and some minor calculations, the Wii U should have sold about 3 million out of nintendo's 5 million goal. This is shaping to be good- The Wii U has only been out about 2 and a half months.
Could Nintendo reach their goal by march?

86c.gif

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

No, not a single game coming out would be able to boost up sales.
Posted Image

2lvmghw.png

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

It's Nintendo, somehow they figure out how to make things work. So they probably will reach their goal.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Port a bunch of Wii games over and add a 'U' to the title then watch the sales roll in.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Port a bunch of Wii games over and add a 'U' to the title then watch the sales roll in.

or just advertise its backwards compatable, but save that for when PS4/xbox720 come out.

but addign wiigames to wiIU's release, will massibly add to the # of games, and you probly wont be able to do the same to PS4 or xbox.

#6 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

No, not a single game coming out would be able to boost up sales.
Posted Image

>Can't tell if laugh or cry or sarcasm or both?

Cuz LEGO City Undercover, Game and Wario, and Wii Fit U (if I remember correctly) are all coming out before the 31st of March.

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

i hope u dont think that those games will help boost 21k to being able to reach 5.5 million.

>Can't tell if laugh or cry or sarcasm or both?

Cuz LEGO City Undercover, Game and Wario, and Wii Fit U (if I remember correctly) are all coming out before the 31st of March.

2lvmghw.png

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

i hope u dont think that those games will help boost 21k to being able to reach 5.5 million.

They certainly will do something.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

Wii fit u maybe will help a little at the front end. But nothing else will do anything.

These kind of results depend on a system seller to an audience who will buy immediately upon seeing said game, not consistantly buy over a long period of time (2d mario, wii fit) a metroid prime calibur title would need to be announced.

Edited by 3Dude, 21 January 2013 - 07:57 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Of course they can. In the UK atleast, Nintendo hasn't even made an attempt to advertise the the Wii U yet. Hell, the LoveFilm adverts are doing a better job at advertising the U than Nintendo is!

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Wii fit u maybe will help a little at the front end. But nothing else will do anything.

These kind of results depend on a system seller to an audience who will buy immediately upon seeing said game, not consistantly buy over a long period of time (2d mario, wii fit) a metroid prime calibur title would need to be announced.

Have you heard of Lego City and Pikmin 3? Get with the program.

Signature_DK.png

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

I think they can do it - we are entering tax return season, and have Rayman Legends and some other games launching between now and march. Games like Monster Hunter will push systems alone.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

I think they can do it - we are entering tax return season, and have Rayman Legends and some other games launching between now and march. Games like Monster Hunter will push systems alone.

Tricky made it clear just now so yeah...

Signature_DK.png

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

As good as I'm sure those games will be, I don't see those being "system sellers" to the mass audience. Sure, they may boost sales a bit, but I don't see any amazing pick-up in sales.

Honestly, I'd see Monster Hunter and maybe Rayman Legends (which is what sold me on the Wii U) being a bigger sales increase than that, but even then...I wouldn't have my hopes up. But meh. Mario and Zelda are coming eventually, so everything should be great past then.

Edited by GameCollector, 21 January 2013 - 08:26 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Did you just seriously compare a lego game to metroid freaking prime?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Did you just seriously compare a lego game to metroid freaking prime?

I wouldn't bother trying to fight him. He's nothing but a rabid fanboy who shuns off logic to suit his needs. :T

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I wouldn't bother trying to fight him. He's nothing but a rabid fanboy who shuns off logic to suit his needs. :T

I see you have something against me too. Too bad for you GC.

Signature_DK.png

#18 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Lego City: Undercover will help sales, probably more so than Metroid Prime ever would. The Lego games sell a lot of copies, why else would they be making 3-5 new games every year? It won't however convince people at all who are waiting for Zelda or Metroid, although I believe a lot of people have already bought the console expecting Zelda and Metroid.
On topic more, the Wii U won't reach the 5.5 million mark, but will probably get around 4.5 million. (Monster Hunter in Japan might help a lot, it sells bucketloads in Japan).
Bring the noise.

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Lego City: Undercover will help sales, probably more so than Metroid Prime ever would. The Lego games sell a lot of copies, why else would they be making 3-5 new games every year? It won't however convince people at all who are waiting for Zelda or Metroid, although I believe a lot of people have already bought the console expecting Zelda and Metroid.
On topic more, the Wii U won't reach the 5.5 million mark, but will probably get around 4.5 million. (Monster Hunter in Japan might help a lot, it sells bucketloads in Japan).

im expecting closer to 5mil. not 5.5 mil though,

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

They.
Dont.
Sell.
Systems.

They make so many every year because they are cheap low quality licensed games that make money with very little sales, and the titles are pushed to all platforms to maximize profit margins (which is likely the data you are looking at, NOT single system sales).

Lego batman: 360.

Total Units
North America: 1.78m 59.6% + Europe: 0.91m 30.5% + Rest of the World: 0.29m 9.9%

Lego, pirates of the carribean wii:

Total Units

North America: 0.59m 48.0% + Europe: 0.51m 41.3% + Rest of the World: 0.13m 10.7% = Global 1.23m

Lego star wars 360:

Total Units

North America: 1.17m 61.3% + Europe: 0.55m 28.9% + Rest of the World: 0.19m 9.8% = Global
1.90m

These are not high selling games, but they dont need to sell high to make a profit because they are very very cheap to make, thats why a new licensed ip is given the lego treatment every couple months.

But they dont sell systems. Metroid prime didnt sell a whole lot better than any particular lego game, but the people who bought it, bought systems for it if they didnt already have one, because it was amazing. Cube sales went through the roof the months after prime came out.

Metroid prime is a game people will buy consoles to experience. Lego games, are not.

Edited by 3Dude, 21 January 2013 - 12:12 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, mario, nintendoland, Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!