Photo

4 Controllers?

Four Controllers wii wiiu controller wii u controller nintendo forum controllers support

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: 4 Controllers? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this true?

1. Yes (17 votes [53.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.12%

2. No (4 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. I don't know. (11 votes [34.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

http://aussie-gamer....do-wii-u-again/
Is this true?
What do you think?

The rest of the interview can be found in this thread: http://thewiiu.com/t...iwii-u-in-2012/ from earlier today.

Edited by Pong, 11 August 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

It's not so much misconception as a lack of information and clarity.

Which was obviously dissolved in this article.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

It has been confirmed that multiple touch screen controllers can be sported. This article just restates that fact. The only problem is the cost of buying extra controllers.
Posted Image

#4 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

It's been already said it supports only 2 consoles. I'll find the sources later.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#5 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

It's been already said it supports only 2 consoles. I'll find the sources later.

....What?

#6 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:59 AM

Did you mean controllers or did you really mean consoles? Does only 2 consoles supports 4 Wii U controllers? I'll wait for the correction.

But I still hope that the Wii U console supports 4 Wii U controllers. If it's only 2 controller support, then we're back to the SNES age, well... not really. It still apparently (and sadly?) support Wiimote (with Nunchuck) to play mutiplayer with.

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

What is meant is that the Wii U was initially thought to be able to use one Wii U Controller.

What is being corrected is that the Wii U has the potential to utilise more than one controller. It sounds weird, but the Wii U streams data to the controller as it's being played. I don't know that much about computer hardware of wireless technology, but from what I can tell, people were inclined not to believe because the idea of multiple streams of data sounds like it cook your Wii U to the point where it makes buttered toast.

Sure, the Wii did that too with the Remotes, and I think 5 years after release they've already knuckled down on the tech. I'm not going to keep myself too hopeful for 4 player, but from the sounds of it, 2 player is more than likely.

I really do hope that they can manage to get 8 player (4 Wii U Controllers and 4 Wii Remotes), because then I'll still be able to play Bomberman Blast at maximum capacity... I hope.

But the definite minimum at this point looks like 6: 4 Wii Remotes and 2 Wii U Controllers, should the developers use it for their games.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

Did you mean controllers or did you really mean consoles? Does only 2 consoles supports 4 Wii U controllers? I'll wait for the correction.

But I still hope that the Wii U console supports 4 Wii U controllers. If it's only 2 controller support, then we're back to the SNES age, well... not really. It still apparently (and sadly?) support Wiimote (with Nunchuck) to play mutiplayer with.

In retrospect, I think he may have meant controllers. Anyway I think the controller limit depends on the game, like you might not be able to have 4 seperate 1st person views into the game world (on the controllers) because that might take up too much processing power, but maybe you could have 4 controllers displaying minimaps and/or inventories.

Edited by NinjaShock, 12 August 2011 - 02:26 AM.

#9 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

In theory the Wii U could stream one multi-player image - like the multi-player screens we all know that show four different views on the T.V. Each controller, which we now know can save some data, could use a software filter to only display it's specific quarter of that multi-player screen. This would, almost certainly result in lower resolution and stretch the processing power of the machine, but could be a way of using upto four of the new controllers.

From videos of the Mii-hunt demo, we can see that the machines is certainly capable of displaying at least six different views of one game. Although none were full-screen.

Edited by Mukkinese, 12 August 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#10 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

I think so. The Wii U should be able to handle 4 controllers just fine.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#11 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

By the way I don't really care as long as it can handle two controllers.

#12 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

By the way I don't really care as long as it can handle two controllers.

Same here, as I only ended up getting 2 Wii remotes, but it should be able to support 4. If it doesn't, people are going to get mad and not buy it. It would be a safer decision to have support.
Posted Image

#13 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

Same here, as I only ended up getting 2 Wii remotes, but it should be able to support 4. If it doesn't, people are going to get mad and not buy it. It would be a safer decision to have support.

Especially since Nintendo was the company who invented 4 person local multiplayer with the N64. On top of that, imagine a game that offers an 8 person "Game Master vs player" type multiplayer, sort of like what Ubisoft is doing with Killer Freaks from Outer Space, with 4 "Game Masters" using Wii U controllers vs 4 players using wiimotes/classic controllers.

Edited by Andy, 21 August 2011 - 10:16 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

I think so. The Wii U should be able to handle 4 controllers just fine.

Let's hope so. Nintendo better not screw up again.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#15 gamer boy

gamer boy

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    pokemon and mario

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

didnt they say that having to buy more controlers would be too expensive?

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

didnt they say that having to buy more controlers would be too expensive?

Well, they're going to focus on using one Wii U tablet controller due to costs.. However, they also said that the system should have no problem handling up to 4 controllers.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#17 gamer boy

gamer boy

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    pokemon and mario

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

Well, they're going to focus on using one Wii U tablet controller due to costs.. However, they also said that the system should have no problem handling up to 4 controllers.

well if it should have no problem supporting it i wonder why there only focusing on just one. wouldnt it be better to use 4 at a time.

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

well if it should have no problem supporting it i wonder why there only focusing on just one. wouldnt it be better to use 4 at a time.

It's because the controllers would probably wind up costing $70+ each. Which could raise the total cost of the system by a good bit.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#19 gamer boy

gamer boy

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    pokemon and mario

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:07 PM

wow $70 i wouldnt think it would cost that much. no wonder.

#20 kaioslive09

kaioslive09

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything nintendo related

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

man i dont care about more controler's i js wanna play da freakin games god dang

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Four Controllers, wii, wiiu, controller, wii u controller, nintendo, forum, controllers, support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!