• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

[link]

wii_u_gamepad_up_close.jpg?w=604&h=401

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has confirmed to online gaming publication Kotaku that there won’t be an ambassador program for Wii U owners. Reggie says that is mainly due to the difference in timing and the difference in reduction compared to the Nintendo 3DS.  The company revealed that the Wii U Deluxe 32GB console will have its price lowered to $299.99, a $50 price reduction, effective September 20th.

“So, we have nothing to announce in terms of an Ambassador Program. And what I would do is reinforce what you just said. The situations are very different not only in terms of the timing, not only in terms of the level of the reduction… it’s a very different situation.”

Didn't really expect one, tbh. It's been 10 months and it's only 50 bucks. :\

Edited by Tom, 01 September 2013 - 10:23 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

kid-skateboard.jpg

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

I want my ambassador games Reggie you cheap Wii. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Maybe they'll stop new owners from getting premium points instead.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

They gave a whole collection of classics for little a couple dollars. Don't know exactly what else people want. 

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Let's recap on why the 3DS got an Ambassador Program.

It was $250. It got cut by $80, almost a third of its price less than 7 1/2 months after launch.

The Wii U Deluxe was $350. It got cut by $50. That's about a 14.3% price drop after close to 10 months after it launched.

I am not surprised we're not getting one. It was a miracle they did anything the first time.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

What's an ambassador program?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

What's an ambassador program?

If you connected your 3DS to the eshop before it's initial price cut, you were considered an Ambassador, and were given 10 NES games before they hit the eshop and 10 GBA games. People are hoping that because the Wii U also had a price drop, they would get similar treatment.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Would been nice lol oh well.

#10 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

It's cause the program was just gonna be "meh" - Reggie

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

I would honestly be surprised if there was something like that. Not that i wouldn´t appreciate it, but i too think the circumstances are different enough.

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Bad move Nintendo. Now people won't want to buy a Nintendo console at launch including me. Now they will have to worry about something even more than an install base when they release a new console.

Signature_DK.png

#13 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

I would've liked an ambassador program, just like anyone else in the world, but there definitely isn't a reason. 3DS lost a third of its price just a few months into its life. As extreme as it was, nothing was merited then either.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#14 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

we were never entitled to an ambassador program with the 3DS. People have turned into such spoiled brats

#15 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Bad move Nintendo. Now people won't want to buy a Nintendo console at launch including me. Now they will have to worry about something even more than an install base when they release a new console.

You got your "Ambassador Program".

It's called getting the system before everyone else does and 7 Virtual Console titles on the eShop for 30 cent each.

You could have saved $40 if you bought them, which is almost the amount of the price cut. Stop whining.

Edited by Arkhandar, 01 September 2013 - 06:24 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

http://vgsales.wikia...wiki/Price_cuts

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Idk why people would defend Nintendo's stance here I mean your denying yourself free stuff lol.

#18 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

*denies Nintendo of ever doing any wrong and calls everyone spoiled, Nintendo fo lyfe*

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

we were never entitled to an ambassador program with the 3DS. People have turned into such spoiled brats

Agreed.

I hope you're being sarcastic as that's not going to happen. If you're being serious then then you shouldn't be as we weren't entitled to the Ambassador games on the 3DS but we still got them and we certainly aren't entitled to them on the Wii U. I'm not saying it would not be nice but its something no one should expect.

#20 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

It doesn't really bother me. To be honest, it never really occurred to me that I should be getting free titles just because Nintendo lowers the price of the console. As someone has already pointed out, present Wii U owners had access to 30 Cent Promotion of NES and SNES titles. Besides, are people really this surprised that a console is the most expensive during the first leg of its release? It has ALWAYS been that way. My concern lies more in being treated like a beta tester for a retail product than paying more at a device's launch than consumers will sometime down the road.

It is a shame for the people who bought the system, say, a month ago. They, for the most part, missed out on the promotions and haven't had the $50 worth of early access.Then again, the Wii U purchase rate has dropped quite a bit in recent months, so truly affected parties are at a micro level.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reggie, Confirms, No, Ambassador, Program, For, Wii, WiiU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!