#1 TheFlash7

TheFlash7

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Super Heroes

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

I have just purchased the 3DS version of the Amazing Spider-man and I am currently trying to defeat Rhino in the side mission at the parking garage. All strategies I have tried have failed to put a dent in him. I have tried to web rush him fro a distance and use web shots to slow hm down with no success.

I am planing to purchase the web cyclone upgrade as soon as I have plenty of upgrade points to see if that will allow me to swing him around. I am also going to see if I have the ability to immobilize tough enemies, but other than those changes, I am lost as to what strategy to use against him. I tried to look for possible videos from players on YouTube but all I found were gameplay videos from the demo showing the Black Cat mission.

If anyone has played this level of the game and has any suggestions, please let me know, thanks!

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

I haven't played the game, but from what little I know about the series, one of Rhino's biggest weaknesses is that he will beeline an opponent without regard to the environment.

Try to lure him into ramming a wall and getting stuck or something like that. Other things might be electric conduits. As I said, I don't have the game myself, but if your base abilities aren't damaging him, then it's got to be an environmental.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

That tactic Auzzie mentioned was the technique into defeating Rhino in the Spider Man Game (1999).
Perhaps it is similar?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 TheFlash7

TheFlash7

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.  I know yu have to get Rhino dizzy in one way or another, but instead of just dodging his charge attacks he has the ability to jump in the air and land on top of you like the Hulk.  I am wondering if I need to keep him at closer range in ordr to keep him charging and ram him into walls and vehicles.  Any ideas are welcome.

Still not having any luch making him dizzy or disoriented at all.  Thanks.

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

Well, I looked on GameFAQs for you. Sounds like you weren't the only one who was stuck with this one. According to one of the answers, here's the approximate steps to do it. Unfortunately, my information might be a little of because I have no idea what I am describing for you:

Spoiler

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 TheFlash7

TheFlash7

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hey Auzzie,

Thanks for the assistance.  The advice worked.  After I webbed Rhino up and got him pointed at the van he sticks to it for a few seconds and that allows me to do a Web Charge at him and knock him to the floor.  I had to retreat soon after that each time but as long as I continued to get him to charge the van, I could knock hm out after 3 or 4 attempts.

I appreciate the assist and  wish you well in your gaming.

TheFlash7

P.S.  This thread can be closed now.

#7 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Locked at the creator's request.