#1 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

I bought a Nintendo 3DS today! I am actually loving it now that I have it completely set up and everything. I am looking for some friends on here to play with and chat with and stuff. The only game I have so far is Super Mario 3D Land but I'm loving it. I plan on getting Mario Tennis Open, Heroes of Ruin, New Super Mario Bros 1 & 2, Mario Kart. I am also looking for suggestions for great games, bonus points if they are 3DS games and bonus points if you know some good RPGS. Also if you have any tips, tricks, or good information about the 3DS please let me know because I'm totally new to this thing. I just found out it can watch netflix but sadly I can't browse youtube on it because of no flash player :( I signed up for Club Nintendo just now but my 3DS was bought previously owned so someone already registered it. >.<

My name on the Friend List is Matten and my friend code is 4511 - 1720 - 6852. There you have it!

Edited by Matten, 10 August 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#2 Mensrea

Mensrea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid,Zelda ,Pikmin ,Resistance

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Get Kid Icarus, and Resident Evil: Revelations. Both are brilliant, and in my mind, are the best handheld games on the market right now.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

#3 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Get Kid Icarus, and Resident Evil: Revelations. Both are brilliant, and in my mind, are the best handheld games on the market right now.

I'll look into them. It's been about a decade since I've played a Resident Evil game and I didn't like it much back on the ps1 lol. I'll check em out though thank you :)

#4 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, Kid Icarus I think is a must buy.

#5 Mensrea

Mensrea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid,Zelda ,Pikmin ,Resistance

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Lol, that's fine, but at least get Kid Icarus. It's a modern nintendo classic.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

#6 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Also, you are planning on getting smash bros. when it comes out right? Because if not then you would just be wasting your 3DS.

#7 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

The 3DS has some great stuff but you have mentioned a lot of the good games. My suggestions would be Kingdom Hearts 3D (if you have any interest in it you will probably like it), and Heroes of Ruin which you say you are already planing on getting. Get on the E-Shop and check it out, there are some good games on there. Other than that, I think that's all I have to say. If you want to add me, let me know, my friend code is in my signature.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#8 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Also, you are planning on getting smash bros. when it comes out right? Because if not then you would just be wasting your 3DS.

Yes I plan on getting smash bros :D I didn't even know it was coming to 3DS but now I'm excited for it. I used to have it for gamecube haha I played Ness the most. Okay I'll check out Kid Icarus since everyone is saying it's good. I've seen the hype around the game but one of my friends told me it was difficult to play on the 3DS but I don't know if I trust him anymore lol.

The 3DS has some great stuff but you have mentioned a lot of the good games. My suggestions would be Kingdom Hearts 3D (if you have any interest in it you will probably like it), and Heroes of Ruin which you say you are already planing on getting. Get on the E-Shop and check it out, there are some good games on there. Other than that, I think that's all I have to say. If you want to add me, let me know, my friend code is in my signature.

I added you. It says you also need to add me. My info is in the OP.

Edited by Matten, 10 August 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#9 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Download Pushmo from the E-Shop. It's a really great puzzle game that makes nice use of the 3D. And after a few stages you can even make your own puzzles, share them and download others using QR codes
Posted Image

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

I got Zelda OoT, Kid Icarus and Super Mario 3d land and i thouroughly enjoy them all

#11 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Kid icarus RE:revelations

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

I got to play around with my brother's Mario Open Tennis game yesterday and I tell you, it's surprisingly VERY addicting and fun.
I wasn't exactly keen on getting it straight away after playing with it but now the wife is battering me.

(Message to the youngsters; don't let your significant other play a game you don't intend on buying. Especially an addictive one. :P)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

wait... you guys have netflix? in the UK we don't have anything like that, all we have is Nintendo video with some crappy trailers for movie's and TV :(

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#14 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

I would keep a close eye on Shin Megami Tensei IV if I were you ;)

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#15 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

I got Kid Icarus Uprising just now and played the first minilevel thing. Holy crap these controls are difficult. I bet I'll get used to it later but it's kinda difficult to aim with the touch screen.

Edited by Matten, 12 August 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#16 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

You may wanna get the circle pad accessory. I was considering that game, I read plenty of reviews(I dont have my 3DS yet, I am getting it on the 19th) and most of them mentioned the controls being very difficult. They say once you get the hang of them then its a fun game.

2lvmghw.png

#17 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

The controls were never too difficult to me, aiming was easy for me but moving the camera on the other hand... not so much.

#18 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

My recommendation is to just make small flicks when you want to move the camera.
Posted Image

#19 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

All of you are forgetting a classic and most buy in any Nintendo hardware, Mario Kart 7. Also you can check the Virtual Console games in the eshop. Add me please, my friend code is in my profile.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

wait... you guys have netflix? in the UK we don't have anything like that, all we have is Nintendo video with some crappy trailers for movie's and TV :(

well we could created operation netflixfall lol

Signature_Fox.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3ds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!