Photo

Pikmin 3

Wii U Games Pikmin Pikmin 3

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Pikmin 3 release date (18 member(s) have cast votes)

When do you think Will Pikmin 3 be released for Wii U?

1. As a launch title (10 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. A few months after launch (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Year after launch (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. 2 Yrs. after launch (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. Furthur? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 0003mg

0003mg

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Fandom:
    Way too many to list

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

That's right, they confirmed it here during the roundtable event:

http://wii.ign.com/a.../1173797p1.html

#2 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

:D

...Is all I've really got. We knew it was coming; We just need screens :s
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#3 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

:D

...Is all I've really got. We knew it was coming; We just need screens :s

As much as I enjoy this news, it`s sad because the wii was perfect for pikimin

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#4 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

As much as I enjoy this news, it`s sad because the wii was perfect for pikimin

You'll still have the capability to use the Wii remote motion controls including Wii motion plus. I'm not surprised Pikimin jumped a generation. You simply have to look at how Nintendo approaches development and how their developers think, especially in the case of Iwata and Miyamoto. During development Miyamoto will completely throw out a game if it doesn't meet his expectations or he wants to add new ideas and those ideas conflict with the current version of the game. This can be seen as the result of the new art direction found in Skyward Sword motivated in part after adding Wii motion plus functionality. With Pikimin it may simply be that the Wii's hardware wasn't capable enough to do what Nintendo wanted thus why this game was continually stuck in development. Now as a plus Pikimin serves as a strong launch title that won't over shadow 3D party titles. Even if those 3d party titles are practically no more than slightly enhanced ports simply because the art direction of Pikimin won't compete directly with the same audience.

#5 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

I've never played a Pilkim game before, but if this looks good I'll consider getting it. I'd like to see some screenshots from the game.

#6 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

I don't have a problem with the translation at all. This can only make the game that much better.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#7 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

I just saw a video of Pikmin 2, and it looks awesome. Now I really want Pikmin 3.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#8 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

I haven't played pikmin since the one on gamecube so I'm looking forward to this. I bet the game will look stunning in HD. It was always one of those game that I thought could do with the HD treatment.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#9 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

The second pikmin game was the most fun as I remember. The muiltiplayer and the co-op was the most memorable thing that was in pikmin 2, and I hope they continue it in the third pikmin. Hopefully they won't have that stupid time limit thing in the first game, that's the main reason I didn't like it.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#10 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

You'll still have the capability to use the Wii remote motion controls including Wii motion plus. I'm not surprised Pikimin jumped a generation. You simply have to look at how Nintendo approaches development and how their developers think, especially in the case of Iwata and Miyamoto. During development Miyamoto will completely throw out a game if it doesn't meet his expectations or he wants to add new ideas and those ideas conflict with the current version of the game. This can be seen as the result of the new art direction found in Skyward Sword motivated in part after adding Wii motion plus functionality. With Pikimin it may simply be that the Wii's hardware wasn't capable enough to do what Nintendo wanted thus why this game was continually stuck in development. Now as a plus Pikimin serves as a strong launch title that won't over shadow 3D party titles. Even if those 3d party titles are practically no more than slightly enhanced ports simply because the art direction of Pikimin won't compete directly with the same audience.

actually they were going to do it on wii but then moved it to wiiu because of its capabilities

#11 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

My only worry is that they may try to play it safe, Pikmin 1 and 2 were amazing. However, I hope they don't just copy them, I want a totally new Pikmin game, because they have done this in the past, most of the Mario Party games, nothing really new, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, a brilliant game, but all they did was fix the game mechanics rather than make it it's own game.

I want a completely new Pikmin experience, and whilst I know Nintendo can do it, I don't know if they will.

#12 Mario

Mario

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA.MEGAMAN.CASTLEVANIA.GTA.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

Don't care.
This is one of those series that just doesn't matter in any way, shape, or form.

But, that's just my opinion.
(Which is the only one worth having if you ask me.)
Help Buy Mario a 3DS!
:3

#13 dannyboy

dannyboy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    all nintendo characters

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

i know alot of people will be happy about pikmin 3 as they've basically been begging nintendo to make it. I however have never played a pikmin game so i probably won't be getting it unless there's some really cool feature
http://amazing-nintendo.blogspot.com/
my new blog all about Nintendo so go and have a look though its not just as good as here but go for a look and sign up to the forum if you want

#14 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

Yay, I'm excited! That announcement is really odd for me. I was playing Pikmin 1 a couple days before it was on there.. B). Well, still, I'm excited!
Posted Image

#15 Sonic11

Sonic11

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Personally here is my idea for new pikmin in pikmin 3

Green pikmin: Green pikmin are the same size of Red,Blue and Yellow but with one difference,they can make flowers that can catapult Olimar to the other side of a gap and they can plant seeds that can plant flowers to fight enemies.

Pink Pikmin: Pink pikmin are simmler to white pikmin expect they can use weather (To create sun rays and thunder at random but they can also survive ice attacks.

Black pikmin: They are the most powerful pikmin.They can stop the enemies from moving so the purple can attack and they can survive in dark areas where all other pikmin die and they can glow in the dark

Edited by Sonic11, 14 June 2011 - 01:19 PM.

Posted Image

#16 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

This is perfect for the Wii U. It will look great in 1080p HD and with the new controller you'll be able to actually touch the Pikmin to make them react and tap where you want them to go.

#17 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Green pikmin: Green pikmin are the same size of Red,Blue and Yellow but with one difference,they can make flowers that can catapult Olimar to the other side of a gap and they can plant seeds that can plant flowers to fight enemies.

Pink Pikmin: Pink pikmin are simmler to white pikmin expect they can use weather (To create sun rays and thunder at random but they can also survive ice attacks.

Black pikmin: They are the most powerful pikmin.They can stop the enemies from moving so the purple can attack and they can survive in dark areas where all other pikmin die

i like ur ideas but maybe a glow in the dark pikmin too
this game needs more elements to make it good too

#18 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

Black pikmin: They are the most powerful pikmin.They can stop the enemies from moving so the purple can attack and they can survive in dark areas where all other pikmin die

These are awesome.
Posted Image

#19 Hi my name is __________

Hi my name is __________

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Don't care.
This is one of those series that just doesn't matter in any way, shape, or form.

But, that's just my opinion.
(Which is the only one worth having if you ask me.)

Your opinion is wrong, I pity you.

#20 Fatcatpr0ductions

Fatcatpr0ductions

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

To be honest I've never played Pikmin 1 or 2 so I wouldn't know what to expect from this game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Games, Pikmin, Pikmin 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!