Photo

Pikmin 3

Wii U Games Pikmin Pikmin 3

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Pikmin 3 release date (18 member(s) have cast votes)

When do you think Will Pikmin 3 be released for Wii U?

1. As a launch title (10 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. A few months after launch (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Year after launch (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. 2 Yrs. after launch (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. Furthur? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

I think he was referring to Olimar as Pikmin there, which is worse than calling Samus "Metroid or Mario (Jumpman) Donkey Kong.

Don't forget calling Link Zelda.
Posted Image

#42 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

I think he was referring to Olimar as Pikmin there, which is worse than calling Samus "Metroid or Mario (Jumpman) Donkey Kong.

I know. :P But comments like that do make me wonder if he's even given Pikmin (and poor Captain Olimar) a chance.

#43 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

Don't forget calling Link Zelda.

Ah, that one is hilarious.

Another terrible, TERRIBLE mistake is thinking "Metroid" (Samus) is male. Not only does it mean you're really stupid, it also means that you're so terrible you've never completed the game, because by the end of all Metroid games you've seen Samus' face at least once.

I know. :P But comments like that do make me wonder if he's even given Pikmin (and poor Captain Olimar) a chance.

Not many games like that are given a chance. If the construction of sequels were based on their sales, then Pikmin 2 probably wouldn't have been created. But Nintendo doesn't care and spoils Miyamoto, but no one cares because this leads to good things. For example, Luigi's Mansion 2 is being made just because Miyamoto wanted to make it. I have no doubt it's the same or Pikmin 3. Of course, if people knew Miyamoto, the man behind Mario and other big Nintendo franchises, was the one who made it they would probably give it a go.

Edited by Dementis, 19 June 2011 - 10:52 AM.

#44 Explosionkody

Explosionkody

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Hey everybody!!! Explosionkody here and this is My new show on Youtube.
First episode is about Pikmin 3 so if you're interested go ahead and watch it. ;)
and if you're an active youtuber...then SUBSCRIBE....plz :P

#45 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Well yeah i know you guys obviously don't care about graphics but if you're expecting Pikmin 3 to have ultra realistic plants and enviroments or to even have large maps and more pikmin onscreen well you can just put those dreams aside cause it was developed on the Wii and all they might do is just upscale the resolution and add new controls.

1367065580450s.jpg

#46 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

Well yeah i know you guys obviously don't care about graphics but if you're expecting Pikmin 3 to have ultra realistic plants and enviroments or to even have large maps and more pikmin onscreen well you can just put those dreams aside cause it was developed on the Wii and all they might do is just upscale the resolution and add new controls.

How can you be so sure that Pikmin 3 won't have ultra realistic plants and enviroments or to even have large maps and more pikmin onscreen?
Nintendo didn't come far with the game before they moved the project to the Wii U. When it's time, Shigeru Miyamoto will say on Iwata Asks that
"Pikmin 3 won't be a launch title for the Wii U. We'll need more time to make Pikmin 3's graphic perfect, make everything look as realistic as possible. And making the maps more exploring. We won't be happy until that's being taken care of. (laughs)"

Iwata: (laughs)

#47 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

[Shigeru Miyamoto]: Pikmin 3 won't be a launch title for the Wii U. We'll need more time to make Pikmin 3's graphic perfect, make everything look as realistic as possible. And making the maps more exploring. We won't be happy until that's being taken care of. (laughs)"

Iwata: (laughs)

Consumers: Posted Image

Edited by Arkhandar, 14 August 2011 - 12:02 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#48 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • NNID:Skybunny

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

I love Pikmin! I can't wait for this game. I've been waiting for a new Pikmin game for so long. :)

#49 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

Bull. Nintendo have never done such a thing and never will because it would upset fans that much it'd probably get minimal sales.

#50 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

something that i thought of is glow in the dark pikmin for night levels

#51 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

Does anybody here have something against the time limit (30 days) in Pikmin 1? I liked it. But many don't like it... How come?
You have a lot of time to find all the 30 pieces. Fastest to get all the pieces takes 8 or 9 days. I can't see the problem... :blink:

#52 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

It was developed mostly on Wii so even if they did upscale graphics how would they make larger worlds or many different Pikmin then previously intended? If they add a new Pikmin then originally planned then they have to reimagine everything to put those pikmin to use in puzzles & combat. The maps won't that huge or they once again have to start from scratch. If they did a complete HD makeover with all the extra stuff then it would take a few more years. So don't expect a Pikmin game that would blow you away. At least the graphics will look nice

1367065580450s.jpg

#53 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

I have never played a Pikmin game before, and it is time to start
I played as olimar on brawl and he was fun, I hope they make some new colours like green, (dk if there is one) pink, and brown.
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#54 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

Bull. Nintendo have never done such a thing and never will because it would upset fans that much it'd probably get minimal sales.

Since when have fans of Nintendo become graphics whores

1367065580450s.jpg

#55 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

I have never played a Pikmin game before, and it is time to start
I played as olimar on brawl and he was fun, I hope they make some new colours like green, (dk if there is one) pink, and brown.

Why should they? the game was already perfect just with White, Red, Purple, Yellow, Blue. If anything, adding the purples broke the game in some aspects with their power

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#56 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:30 AM

Anyone else think that pikmin would look cool on the 3ds?
I mean the games already look 3d on the gamecube

#57 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

Why should they? the game was already perfect just with White, Red, Purple, Yellow, Blue. If anything, adding the purples broke the game in some aspects with their power

You counteracted your "perfect" Idea when talking about the purple, lol.
Why should they not? It will only make it better :P
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#58 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

This news was both uplifting and a little heartbreaking for me considering that the Wii never got a full fledged Pikmin title.I was really eager to take on a new game with the Wii control scheme, teasing us with the New play control Pikmin and then announcing it for the WiiU made me cringe just a little.

Although I'm excited that Pikmin 3 will look gorgeous on the new system I hope they add the option for both WiiU controller support and Wiiremote support. Ooh... and maybe make a trilogy version because I really wanted NPC Pikmin 2 but I don't think it was ever released over here.

Edited by GaroIymar, 03 October 2011 - 02:13 PM.

Posted Image

#59 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

I would play Pikmin for WiiU, but i havent played the other two and i never will. For some reason i have a counter intuitive reaction to continued series that i never played: instead of experiencing the older ones so i can play the upcoming one with the excitement & fun of a fan, I just cant play a game when i know a better version of that game exists somewhere. I rented Brawl when it first came out, but after i had to return it i didnt play any games until i bought it.... little weird.
Posted Image

#60 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

It was developed mostly on Wii so even if they did upscale graphics how would they make larger worlds or many different Pikmin then previously intended? If they add a new Pikmin then originally planned then they have to reimagine everything to put those pikmin to use in puzzles & combat. The maps won't that huge or they once again have to start from scratch. If they did a complete HD makeover with all the extra stuff then it would take a few more years. So don't expect a Pikmin game that would blow you away. At least the graphics will look nice

This is Nintendo we're talking about. Many of Nintendo's developers especially Shigeru Miyamoto will throw out a game and start over if ideas and concepts added don't mesh with work already done. It wouldn't surprise me if development changed greatly after the decision to move the title from the Wii to the Wii U was decided. Pikmin 3 itself likely switched consoles during development when ideas and concepts the devs wanted to try couldn't be done on the Wii. Its not entirely impossible that because of the switch to Wii U that not only will there be more Pikmin on screen than was possible with Wii, but improved graphics and new concepts than were originally done for the title before switching platforms.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Games, Pikmin, Pikmin 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!