Photo

Is Playstation all-stars a Smash Bros. beater?

Sony Smash Bros playstation Nintendo PS3 Wii U N64 GCN

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

I haven't played the game yet so im just wondering does it beat the smash bros.games?

#2 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

NOTHING can beat smash bros. I mean come on..... but to be honest i Played A TON of smash bros and only watched a few videos on All-stars so my opinion may not be worth much but through out my experiences I'm going to have to say that smash bros is better

wjapt2.jpg

#3 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

It doesn't really come close for me. It's not entirely bad though, just don't compare it to Smash Bros. I played it and liked it to a degree, it's frustrating if you are expecting SB since the only way to get a kill is to reduce the opponents hp no screen kills. Also Radec spammers are annoying they just use him for the gun.

#4 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

no.. the game got like a 70 on metacritic and SSBB its 93...

also for what ive seen on videos the game dont even have any item to use or throw.. thats a key point of any SSB game!
Posted Image

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I played a demo of the game at some retail stores ( most Vita and PS3 demo units at the moment have a PS All Stars demo, for at least my area), it's fun, but doesn't hold a candle to Smash Bros.

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I played a demo as well. It was entertaining, but soon as a new smash bros. is announced it will be forgotten.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

The only thing going for the game is the crossover concept. Literally nothing else is noteworthy.

Smash does that and has a unique combat system and pays homage to characters that aren't even playable. All-Stars is too little too late. It didn't even launch with Crash and Spyro, who are the true PS all-stars. Everything is new gen with Sony and they never seem to pay homage to classics.

#8 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

No

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

No, but it's not bad. Just because it's a ripoff.

I'd say it's a 75/100 and Super Smash Bros Brawl is a 90/100.

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

You're going to get a very biased opinion on this forum since it has a more 'pro-Nintendo' fanbase.
Although even some of the 'pro-PlayStation' fanbase admit that Smash Bros. is the superior game.

As for mine, don't have one since I don't have the game. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 TheftyGamer

TheftyGamer

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

I heard it is really good, IGNs review is pretty good. I would recommend watching that.

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

JUST NO!!! Smash Bro's has no rival ;)

#13 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Nope, SSB is so much better

#14 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Even if you do like Sony more than Nintendo it stll cant beat thge gameplay in smash bros.

I heard it is really good, IGNs review is pretty good. I would recommend watching that.

IGN hates Nintendo thats why they said it.

Signature_DK.png

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Im a HUUUUUUUUUGE Sce fan, and I would have likely loved PBR even if it wasnt as good of smash just from seeing all my beloved SCE characters together but...

Im really dissapointed in the roster. It is EXTREMELY this generation top heavy, and i REALLY did not like much of this generation from Sony. Which wouldnt have been a problem if I had more of my favourite old school SCE characters to beat in Nathan drakes stupid face in with. (I wold have bought this game instantly if I could just beat the crap out of Drake with Lazarus Jones.)

But its nearly devoid of the old school sce roster. No wander, no ico, no collosi, no one from dark cloud, no one from legend of dragoon, no alundra, no colony wars, no blasto (no BLASTO???? Are you freaking kidding me?)

I just feel that, as a HUGE sce fan the roster really really let me down, with just a few sprinklings of what made sony what it is today, and a huge bloated load of mostly everything I didnt like from this generation.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 duck360

duck360

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metal Gear Solid, Big Boss!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

The game has it's own flaws but it's still a lot of fun when I play with my brothers.
It's not easy to compare it with SSB because both are just too different.

Honestly PSAS:BR has very awesome maps and I consider them better than SSB Stages but problem is they are very few while SSB has a lot of stages.
PSAS:BR has 3 customs for all characters which I love very much with of course color change why SSB only offers Color Change.
SSB has a way better soundtack that's for sure
SSB has a very fantastic designing for menus and such
PSAS:BR has a story for each character in arcade but most of the stories are just so simple. Which SSB Story was..... I don't know how to comment on that but it wasn't fun. Both games didn't have fun story modes but sure SSB worked more on the Story Mode
Gameplay... SSB has better gameplay.
Characters... I love both games character.

In the end, both games are great but I still enjoy SSB more than PSAS:BR. If Sony works much more harder on it, it can be as good as SSB because who doens't like a fighting game that has our favorite characters ^^

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I heard it's not really that great.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#18 Angelstar

Angelstar

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I played the demo on psn and i didnt really like it. Some characters had too much priority and i don't like its mechanics very much.

#19 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

I played the demo on PS3 as well.......not great.

Still wish we could get a new Power Stone on some console. That game was awesome!
CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#20 HyperMetalSonic

HyperMetalSonic

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Can't beat the original. Experiencing its mediocracy will only make you appreciate the real thing more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sony, Smash, Bros, playstation, Nintendo, PS3, Wii U, N64, GCN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!